Greenwich High School is an elite, public school located in Greenwich, CT. It has 2,501 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Greenwich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-252 Students
- A+123 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+89 Students
- B+88 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 86 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Greenwich High School
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 109 reviews
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 74 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 190 reviews
- A+Fox Lane High School
- Bedford Central School District, NY
- 164 reviews
Greenwich High School Reviews
Greenwich High School is as good as people say. Not only do I think that it could be the best high school in the country, Its a place where people are accepted and find a place to "love". The teachers are nice and are always there for you when you need help which is important in high school. The security guards make sure we are safe and go beyond what are expected of them. Academic wise, we learn a lot and retain helpful information for our college route. Greenwich High is also very big on sports, almost all of our teams are amazing! Best high school! I LOVE THIS PLACE!
Greenwich High School (GHS) is known nationally for its academic & artistic success. It’s a place where students are strongly encouraged to strive for academic excellence. About a year ago, GHS installed a 52 million dollar Performing Arts Center (PAC). Through one lens it's evident to see the Greenwich district spending millions for the best technology for its students. Through other lens this isn’t the case. Personally speaking, It’s baffling how a school can spend 50+ million dollars to build a PAC while teachers spend 10+ minutes of class trying to erase stained veneer boards because the school wouldn't buy durable whiteboards. Bathrooms are constantly “out of order” for days, sinks leak significantly due to plumbing issues, & dead mice are occasionally found in classrooms. GHS budgeting should be revised and changed because the schools pushing its priorities to the side in order to accommodate luxury, titles, and status.
Greenwich High School is a great school. The staff are motivated to help and want their students to succeed. There is an endless amount of resources for students such as learning centers with teachers who can offer extra help when needed. Also, the students involvement with the school is great. We can really see that they care about showing school pride! Another positive aspect to the school is the variety in clubs, sports, and extra curriculars GHS offers. There is a club to suit everyone's need, and if there isn't you can make your own and our sports teams are very proud and determined to be the best. Overall, as a senior, I am very proud to have been part of such a amazing school.