Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Greenwich High School is a top rated, public school located in Greenwich, CT. It has 2,744 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Greenwich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A450 Students
- A+246 Students
- A205 Students
- A+181 Students
- B152 Students
- B150 Students
- A+140 Students
- A+138 Students
- A-133 Students
- A129 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Greenwich High School
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 90 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 228 reviews
- A+Fox Lane High School
- Bedford Central School District, NY
- 197 reviews
Greenwich High School Reviews
I graduated from Greenwich high school and was enrolled for my junior year. It was a difficult transition for a student who had attended three previous high schools within the same year, I wish the school would have been a bit more involved in my adjustment. Additionally, during my transition, it was especially challenging regarding the "help" in class enrollment I received from my guidance counselor. Although my English placement essay was commended by the head of the English department, my counselor discouraged any aspiration i had to enroll in an AP course, rather, suggesting a basic course; I had to push for honors. The same carried forth for my other classes. At no point did I feel as though I were being uplifted and encouraged by the administration, except for the school psychologist whom I had to personally seek out. It would be refreshing for school administrators to put forth the recourses GHS provides, to ensure that everyone can manage in trying times.
I am a senior at Greenwich High School and have enjoyed my experience! The teachers, administration, and counselors are all really helpful. They are always available, for the most part. I've participated in sports and clubs, great experiences in both.
Greenwich High School is a community that embraces diversity, school spirit, and people from all kinds of different backgrounds. The size and population of the school also emulates the environment of a small college; you constantly meet new people and challenges in the community, making it so students can acclimate with ease when they go off to college. Because Greenwich High School's diverse community, there are many opportunities to find new friends and discover new parts of yourself, raising awareness of the various beliefs that exist. This school makes this possible from a young age and as a result, many globally perceptive students spread these experiences to other students who might have not had the same opportunity.