Greenwich High School is a top rated, public school located in Greenwich, CT. It has 2,625 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Greenwich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A362 Students
- A+184 Students
- A-149 Students
- A+148 Students
- B122 Students
- A+117 Students
- B116 Students
- A+113 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+109 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 99 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Schools like Greenwich High School
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 134 reviews
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 83 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 208 reviews
- A+Fox Lane High School
- Bedford Central School District, NY
- 183 reviews
Greenwich High School Reviews
Greenwich High School has a lot of resources and provides support for all types of students ranging from college-track to vocational to special education and gifted. The school is large (3,000 students), but manages to employ enough guidance counselors, social workers, psychologists and other mental health support staff so that students have a personal connection with at least one adult other than their teachers. The school has both a strong music and arts program that includes chorus, band, orchestra, drama, theater, painting, dance, photography, etc. Also, students are encouraged to pursue scientific, technological, or mathematical interests. There are many, many opportunities to play a variety of sports at various levels (intramural, junior varsity or varsity) The school is very diverse and celebrates difference. Greenwich High School is very much like a small college. It has a rigorous curriculum and students learn to balance their studies with their other commitments.
Greenwich High School has an amazing education program. Students are always successful as long as they put in the work. The counselors at GHS set up all of their students up for success. During the college application season, counselors put their students first as they hope to see them succeed in life. GHS is also excellent with student involvement. There are many clubs, sports teams, and extracurricular activities that all students can join. Students are able to feel comfortable and welcomed into this friendly community because of this. Overall, Greenwich High School is great, all-around whether it comes to education or activities.
I have really enjoyed my time at Greenwich High School. I have enjoyed the wide variety of classes to choose from and being able to create a diverse schedule that fits my preferences. I have also really enjoyed the teachers here; the relationships I have been able to build with my teachers through one on one help and also normal class time has really helped me develop as a student. Taking part in the athletics at this school, both as a player and a fan, have also been a great experience for me. Again, the relationships I have been with teammates and coaches have been integral parts to my high school experience. The only knock I have against Greenwich High School is the lack of emphasis from the administration put on updating the facilities in the main school, such as classrooms and bathrooms.