Greenwich High School is a top rated, public school located in Greenwich, CT. It has 2,534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Greenwich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A301 Students
- A+144 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+119 Students
- B+106 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+97 Students
- A-96 Students
- A+96 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 95 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like Greenwich High School
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 123 reviews
- A+Edgemont Junior/Senior High School
- Edgemont Union Free School District, NY
- 79 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 198 reviews
- A+Fox Lane High School
- Bedford Central School District, NY
- 177 reviews
Greenwich High School Reviews
GHS has a 148 page course guide with academic course you would see at a small college. The array of courses are deep, enriching, and rigorous. Even the variety of activities for students is endless with varsity sports, intramural leagues, and clubs. But the school is busting out of its seams as the only public high school in a town of approximately 63,000 people. The infrastructure is deteriorating along with the fields which have been deemed toxic by the EPA. The Board of Education gave students Chromebooks to enhance the learning experience, however the network infrastructure is week and null that using a device for learning is frustrating; not the supportive tool one hoped for. In fact, since there are no usable lockers the devices have become 6-lb burdens on backs and shoulders throughout the school day. My wish would be for an individual or organization (wealthy alumni) to give back to the community and invest in GHS, to pay it forward.
Greenwich High School is as good as people say. Not only do I think that it could be the best high school in the country, Its a place where people are accepted and find a place to "love". The teachers are nice and are always there for you when you need help which is important in high school. The security guards make sure we are safe and go beyond what are expected of them. Academic wise, we learn a lot and retain helpful information for our college route. Greenwich High is also very big on sports, almost all of our teams are amazing! Best high school! I LOVE THIS PLACE!
Greenwich High School (GHS) is known nationally for its academic & artistic success. It’s a place where students are strongly encouraged to strive for academic excellence. About a year ago, GHS installed a 52 million dollar Performing Arts Center (PAC). Through one lens it's evident to see the Greenwich district spending millions for the best technology for its students. Through other lens this isn’t the case. Personally speaking, It’s baffling how a school can spend 50+ million dollars to build a PAC while teachers spend 10+ minutes of class trying to erase stained veneer boards because the school wouldn't buy durable whiteboards. Bathrooms are constantly “out of order” for days, sinks leak significantly due to plumbing issues, & dead mice are occasionally found in classrooms. GHS budgeting should be revised and changed because the schools pushing its priorities to the side in order to accommodate luxury, titles, and status.