Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Greenville Technical Charter High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Greenville, SC. It has 430 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Greenville Technical Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A200 Students
- A186 Students
- B+123 Students
- B+80 Students
- B58 Students
- A57 Students
- C+56 Students
- B-50 Students
- A+46 Students
- A-39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Greenville Technical Charter High School Reviews
My experience at Greenville Technical Charter High School is overall positive. I really enjoy participating in smaller classes and getting to build close relationships with my teachers. Due to this, my small tight-knit school feels like a second family. Another thing that I highly value is the ability to take college classes. This has made me feel more prepared for the future because I have had some exposure to a college environment. Senior project will also ready me for the future and help me gain more experience in my career field. Although I do love the smallness of my high school and how it better prepares me for college, I wish we had more access to resources. For example, we do not have a gym, so we are unable to host home games. Overall, Greenville Technical Charter High School is an excellent school that has the perfect combination of academic rigor and technical courses that allows their students to grow and learn in a safe environment.
There are several teachers at this school that I know I can always count on. I feel very welcome at Greenville Tech, and I have never seen or experienced much bullying. However, there are some teachers that are not as good at being welcoming, and at times have made me feel like not going to school. Additionally, I would like to see a change in school safety. Our doors are unlocked while in school all the time, which makes me very nervous. Also, I would like to see a change in the facilities we have. We do not have a gym, a theater, or any sports fields of our own. We borrow all of that stuff from other places. We even have to have PE at a local church. Overall, my positive experiences have outweighed my negative experiences, but there are several things I would like to see change.
The school is great for helping students start their college experience early with dual credit classes, although some of the classes at the high school are lacking. The math department is an area that many students are really struggling with. Many students struggle with math already, but the collection of teachers in that department are mediocre. Many of the other teachers are wonderful. Overall, the school is helpful for the future by having so many college credits.