Greenville High School is an above average, public school located in Greenville, TX. It has 1,347 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Greenville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B193 Students
- A+161 Students
- A+133 Students
- C+105 Students
- B+102 Students
- B+94 Students
- A-92 Students
- A83 Students
- B-66 Students
- A-63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Greenville High School
- B-New Horizons Learning Center
- Greenville Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 2 reviews
- B-Commerce High School
- Commerce Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- A-Chisholm Trail High School
- Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District, TX
- 194 reviews
- BBland High School
- Bland Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
Greenville High School Reviews
Greenville High School has an Early College High School program that allows students from the class of 2022 and on to graduate with an Associate's Degree and a High School Diploma. The GHS band is a spectacular band to be in, along with extracurricular activities such as ACE, Key Club, FFA, FCCLA, DI, and many more! This school also has a newly built Career & Technology Education(CTE) building that has great facilities. ROTC is a program that trains students that want to be in the military or the army after graduating. Football, Basketball, Tennis, and other sports are also offered. My favorite part about GHS is the Robowranglers (or Team 148), one of the oldest robotics teams in Texas. They have won 3 FRC World Championships. There are classes like Computer Science 1, 2, 3, Cyber Security, Fashion Design, Floral Design, Graphic Design, Culinary Arts, Theater Arts, etc. In short, Greenville High School has one of the best S.T.E.M. Programs, along with sports and extracurricular clubs.
I've attended Greenville High School for four years. I participated in marching band, choir, and theater. I have a big love hate relationship with this school. I've met amazing people, from teachers to students. On the other hand I've had my experience of poor teachers and childish students. They are doing a lot to improve both the school and the district and I have noticed a change for the better. I think Greenville High School could greatly improve in the next few years.
I have overall positive outlook on Greenville High School, it provided me with a positive learning environment at least for the classes I took. The teachers for main courses are proficient at their assigned curriculum, though some of the elective teachers are not as proficient. The selection of clubs and activities at Greenville high school is extraordinary with so many choices some clubs even struggle for members to fill their spots, we even have a world champion robotics team. Greenville puts a heavy focus on preparing for college with an entire wing dedicated to applying for scholarships and choosing colleges to apply too. Overall Greenville High School is a very good school with positive people and programs and I am proud to be a Greenville Lion.