Greenville High School is an above average, public school located in Greenville, NY. It has 360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Greenville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- C+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- B18 Students
- C+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Greenville High School
- BWindham Ashland Central School
- Windham-Ashland-Jewett Central School District, NY
- 27 reviews
- BCoxsackie-Athens High School
- Coxsackie-Athens Central School District, NY
- 61 reviews
- A-Clayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- B-Cairo-Durham High School
- Cairo-Durham Central School District, NY
- 56 reviews
Greenville High School Reviews
Overall, my experience with the Greenville Central School District has been positive. Every year I have studied here, I feel I have learned all the information I need to succeed in my examinations and more in almost all of my classes. For a small, rural school, Greenville has very successful athletics teams which I have had the privilege of both participating and taking leadership roles in. The extracurricular programs are diverse and plentiful, with the Future Farmers of America club standing out as an incredibly useful program for students to improve as leaders, orators, agriculturalists, and members of the community. The facilities of Greenville are older and do not meet modern demands for high school athletics; however, renovations are currently underway which will provide the school with an entirely new track, along with tennis courts, baseball and softball fields, and soccer fields.
Our school is in a small rural area. The community is very involved in all functions. It is great to see so many friends and community members come support us in our athletic events. A quick drive through our town will also convince anyone that they are behind the students! The local banks honor our athletic teams, the stores are always willing to donate to clubs and fundraisers, and the businesses are always eager to employ our students! The parents and faculty are also very supportive of our students and do an amazing job of building a community within the school building by teaching many core values.
Most of the extracurricular opportunities are diverse and available to the students. The clubs offer many areas for the students to offer support, resources and activities to a wide variety of interests. The one area that needs improvement is communication within the student body and community.