Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Greenville High School is a public school located in Greenville, IL. It has 539 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Greenville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B48 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-26 Students
- A+17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B14 Students
- A+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responses
- Football games21%
- Basketball games17%
- Pep Rally10%
- Veterans Day assembly10%
- Class Games7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Greenville High School Reviews
Greenville High School is a good school for small-town relationships and connections. There are less then one thousand students, so it is very close-knit. Because of this, the teachers are able to spend more time getting to know the students in order to better their teaching strategies. They are always working to keep the students on the right track. There is opportunity for good relationships between students and teachers, while the teachers remain professionally involved. This is beneficial for students, because teachers are better able to evaluate them for scholarships and other applications. However, because of the size and location of the high school, there is very little diversity. The culture is very rural.
Greenville High School is a great school if you are involved in athletics. Many students, teachers, and parents are very involved in the academic programs. They have fantastic teams that excel every year. The teachers place priorty on athletes and make sure they do their best academically so they can participate in athletics.
I have loved meeting my life long friends that turned onto family. For incoming students be as involved as you can and always have fun no matter what you plan on doing. This highschool is small enough that you get so close with so many people you might have never thought you would get close with. Highschool really has been the best and worst years of my life, so many up and downs. The best part is when it all comes to an end and you realize you have accomplished so many things.