Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Greensburg-Salem High School is an above average, public school located in Greensburg, PA. It has 808 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Greensburg-Salem High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A129 Students
- A+99 Students
- B-92 Students
- A-72 Students
- B-64 Students
- B+62 Students
- B54 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Greensburg-Salem High School
- BElizabeth Forward Senior High School
- Elizabeth Forward School District, PA
- 94 reviews
- B-Yough Senior High School
- Yough School District, PA
- 110 reviews
- B-Southmoreland Senior High School
- Southmoreland School District, PA
- 175 reviews
- B-Derry Area Senior High School
- Derry Area School District, PA
- 134 reviews
Greensburg-Salem High School Reviews
My experience from Freshman to senior year at Greensburg Salem High school has been interesting. I was antisocial my freshman year and i didn't have many friends.I thought there was no purpose until i reached the next year. That year i found what i wanted to do with my life. I started getting better grades and engaging more with others. I realized i was a hands on person. Junior year, i was confused on what school i wanted to go to and with the help of the counselors, i wanted to pursue a career in electrical. Senior year, i seemed more passionate about clubs and getting engaged at the school. I visited colleges and now i know where i want to go. I liked how the teachers and counselors pushed me to take classes i never thought i would and how principles encouraged students and appreciated are accomplishes for the school. I also liked the clubs. Changes i like for the school would be to change the school lunches and make them healthier.
The school district as a whole is over all pretty good. We are however, a poorer school, therefore, the students tend to have difficult home lives and struggle when it comes to staying focused. Teachers tend to believe none of us want to be there, hence teachers not feeling as motivated to teach. We are kind of generalized as "bad students." When a student does prove themselves as wanted in enhance their education, the school does everything in their power to give us the resources needed to do so.
After attending Greensburg Salem High School I feel as if I was decently prepared for my future. There are definitely pros and cons to the school however the personal connection between student and teacher is unmatched. I developed amazing relationships with almost all of my teachers. The foreign language program is amazing and a large portion of the students graduate as bilingual. Finally, the academics are very good and the student has a lot of choice when it comes to creating their schedule. Having no class rank helped the individual to focus on oneself rather than what the other students were doing. I'm very grateful for my high school experience and I'm glad it was at Greensburg Salem.