COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Greensboro Day School is offering both on-campus and remote learning for students since our return on August 19. Learn more about the safety procedures and protocols were are following on our Re-Entry webpage Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade A minus
Greensboro Day School is the first independent school in Greensboro, educating students from age 2 through grade 12 for more than 50 years.
Named #1 best private high school in Greensboro, #1 best private college prep high school in Greensboro, and #1 best K-12 private school in Greensboro by Niche and best private school by the News & Record and Triad Moms on Main, Greensboro Day School provides academic excellence, experiential learning, and equips students with the skills they need in a fast-paced and ever-changing world.
Our mission is to develop the intellectual, ethical, and interpersonal foundations students need to be constructive contributors to the world.
We invite you to visit our campus, learn about us online, and discover the ways Greensboro Day School can benefit your child.
Last Day of School
Class of 2021 Graduation
Greensboro Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+92 Students
- grade A+62 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
- Basketball games are the best times!25%
- All theatre productions!20%
- Bengal games!20%
- Spirit Week15%
- Mrs. Lina Day in 4th Grade5%
- Pow Wow in 3rd Grade5%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus