Greeneville High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-88 Students
- B-70 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+24 Students
- B20 Students
- B17 Students
- B16 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Greeneville High School Reviews
Review Greeneville High School
There is a large variety of teachers at GHS, and the majority that I have been able to work with are fantastic! One thing that is different about the teachers at GHS compared to my old school is that they don't just want you to pass; they want you to actually be successful and learn something. Tutoring is available in all subjects and if one teacher has a method or style of teaching that doesn't work with a student, another teacher is always available for assistance whether or not they have you in class.
My overall experience at Greeneville High School (GHS) has been nothing short of awesome! I have made friends and memories that I will carry with me even after I graduate. One of my many favorite experiences at GHS has been taking overnight trips with the Chorus/Advanced Chorus. GHS is unique because there is so much love and support for and in our school from parents, teachers/administrators, and fellow students. If I could do it all over, I would choose to attend Greeneville High School because while being greatly prepared for what lies ahead after high school, I have had the time of my life.
The teachers there really care about the students and want to see them succeed. I've been able to go to my teachers with much more than questions on the homework. They've given me advice on life and helped me to make it through the confusion that is high school. Greeneville high school is ahead of the game in academics in the state and the eastern region of Tennessee. Greeneville has multiple state championship teams and the support of those teams by the students and staff is enough to make Greeneville an amazing school. Now that I'm in my senior year, I'm amazed at how well the school counselors keep students up to date on college and scholarship application deadlines. They really make sure that students are informed on everything needed to be ready for college.