Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Greene High School is an above average, public school located in Greene, NY. It has 289 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Greene High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+38 Students
- A-22 Students
- B-13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-11 Students
- B11 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- A-9 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Greene High School
- C+Harpursville Junior/Senior High School
- Harpursville Central School District, NY
- 100 reviews
- BSusquehanna Valley Senior High School
- Susquehanna Valley Central School District, NY
- 41 reviews
- C+Marathon High School
- Marathon Central School District, NY
- 21 reviews
- B-Cincinnatus High School
- Cincinnatus Central School District, NY
- 21 reviews
Greene High School Reviews
Greene Central School District is a place with some opportunities mixed in with mediocracy. The only real complaint is that the board rarely acknowledges the needs of the students and is biased in making decisions.
Teachers are super helpful, and had a great time. Some kids can be pretty mean, but that comes with every school.
There are many teachers in my school who are more than willing to put their time and effort in helping students in and out of classroom at Greene. There are also a number of teachers that are not willing to help students outside of the classroom and actually become irritated with students at times. For one positive example, I went to a particular teacher to ask for help on a college resume hours after school ended and to my surprise she was still there and more than willing to help me for at least an hour. I believe that teachers do a very good job at getting their students engaged, some topics are just plain boring and they can't help it. Overall, I believe my teachers are very knowledgable and have a great sense of humor that gets me as excited as I can be about going to school. While there are always some bad apples in a bunch, the majority of my teachers care about me as a person and it is their goal to guide me in getting ready for the real world and becoming successful.