Greene County High School is a public school located in Greensboro, GA. It has 448 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Greene County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+84 Students
- A+67 Students
- B59 Students
- C+51 Students
- B47 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+41 Students
- C40 Students
- C+37 Students
- B-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Greene County High School Reviews
Greene County has a mix of students who genuinely care about their education and some that don't put much thought into it. While we have a bunch of "bad apples", if you spend thirty minutes in a classroom, you will see that a lot of student are truly brilliant and will succeed later in their life's. Please do not judge based off a few, but instead look at the potential the school has to offer.
Overall Greene County High School is not a bad school. The new administration enforced a No Phone Policy, they reinforced the No Hoodie Policy and there were much more strict about the uniforms. I believe the grades went up with the administration being much more strict with us. They also added a new Reward System that praised students for being good.
My favorite thing about this school is the schools' spirit. All the students come out to support the football and basketball teams, they engage in pep rallies, and participate in spirit weeks. I wouldn't choose this school again because of how unsanitary it is. Roaches and rats in the bathrooms and gyms, ants everywhere; girls - like me - are not very fond of bugs. If the bug problem was fixed, I would maybe consider this school again.