grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Greenbrier West High School is a public school located in Charmco, WV. It has 373 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Greenbrier West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus83 Students
- grade B minus61 Students
- grade C55 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade C+42 Students
- grade C minus40 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade C32 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade D28 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responses
- Football Games67%
- Theater performance during school in May33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,331 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Greenbrier West High School Reviews
Rating 3.91 out of 5 53 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The teachers are extremely educated, knowledgeable, and intelligent. It is truly obvious that they truly hold their students near and dear to their hearts. The principals are very supportive and provide a fun, safe learning environment for students. They give students the opportunity to learn through various educational activities and trips. Every individual working at the school makes it a personal goal to serve each student to the best of their abilities. The staff become lifetime friends of the students, and I can personally attest to this. Every action taken is for the betterment of the students. The teachers not only teach; they also talk with students about any problems that they may be experiencing, and they truly care about the futures of their students. They have gone out of their way to help students, far beyond their job requirements. One of the most difficult moments of my life was walking through the doors of the school upon graduation.
My overall experience at Greenbrier West was good. The teachers and staff are very caring and want their students to succeed. The sports programs are amazing. The teachers provide students with Chromebooks and other materials to ensure that they are able to complete their work. However, they tend to do not offer many programs to boost students who are already intelligent and tend to focus more on the kids who are falling behind. This sometimes leads to the more advanced students to be bored in class. They also do not offer many clubs or extracurriculars.
I greatly appreciate the encouragement that I have gotten from my teachers and peers. I am astonished by how open-minded the staff is. They were very helpful in providing the resources needed for me to succeed in advanced-level classes. When I told my teachers that I wanted to take five Advanced Placement classes while also skipping two foundation courses, they have never thought that I couldn't do well in those classes: they just wanted to make sure that my mental health wouldn't suffer.