Greenbrier High School is a highly rated, public school located in Greenbrier, AR. It has 813 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Greenbrier High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B494 Students
- A283 Students
- B197 Students
- B163 Students
- B131 Students
- A-111 Students
- A-99 Students
- B-96 Students
- B-88 Students
- A-69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Greenbrier High School
- B-Mt. Vernon/Enola High School
- Mt. Vernon/Enola School District, AR
- 25 reviews
- B+Vilonia High School
- Vilonia School District, AR
- 157 reviews
- A-Conway High School
- Conway School District, AR
- 578 reviews
- BQuitman High School
- Quitman School District, AR
- 29 reviews
Greenbrier High School Reviews
Greenbrier High School is definitely a place where you can just be you! There are tons of clubs and organizations that you can get into. Going to this school has given me so many lifelong friends. This is one of the safest schools in the state of Arkansas! Students feel free to be who they are, ask questions in class without being ridiculed, and most importantly find so much support within the staff and peers at this school! It has been such a blessing and honor being able to attend this school.
I love my high school! My parents and grandparents went here. We have excellent principals here. The biggest negative that I would like to change, would be the cafeteria food. The academics are excellent. We are nationally rated. Our students are varied in style and in achievements. My favorite program is our band program. I would like to become a band director. I struggle some with math and literacy. My teachers have pulled the best from me, even in my struggles.
I'm very glad I joined this school district. Despite its shortcomings it really is an academically challenging school with a great community. I feel a real relationship with my teachers, because I know they really are working to help us learn the subjects and be prepared for life. We not only learn our subjects, but gain skills in management and socialization that are essential. My teachers are fun, but work-oriented. The students, mostly, are hardworking and kind people. I feel like I can be around just about anyone in the student body without any trouble. The administration is a bit disorganized since it has changed this year, though, and I hope to see changes with communcation between students/teachers and administrations to help better the school for the student's benefit, not the benefit of their reputation through statistics like they seem to be doing. Otherwise, my experience at GHS has allowed me to grow and gain relationships that will benefit my life as a whole.