Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Green Hope High School is a top rated, public school located in Cary, NC. It has 2,786 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Green Hope High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+949 Students
- A+881 Students
- B+560 Students
- A-395 Students
- B364 Students
- A+322 Students
- B+274 Students
- A186 Students
- B+167 Students
- B161 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.66 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.66 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 193 responses
- Pep rallies17%
- The homecoming game when everybody shows spirit15%
- Leaving school at the end of the day :D13%
- Senior Awards Day9%
- Academic Award Cookies8%
- Athletic Award Ceremonies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
Green Hope High School Reviews
Green Hope High School was a great school! All of the teachers were great role models and genuinely cared for their students. The curriculum was difficult, probably more difficult than any other school, and I think that that genuinely prepares all of us well for college.
I moved to North Carolina the summer before my junior year, and I was pretty rattled at the idea of not knowing anyone at a new school. I thought I would stand out because by junior year, most people already have their friends and don’t really like “newcomers”. I was completely wrong. The teachers and students at Green Hope are a tight-knit community, and when I became a falcon, I became a part of that community. The teachers at Green Hope treat the students like we are equals and are there for us in times of need. Yes, the school is very competitive, (with other schools and within the school) but it’s also a very warm and welcoming place for any student. You are pushed to be your best because everyone wants you to succeed in life. I have loved my two year experience at Green Hope, even if most of it has been virtual.
The school was very diverse and competitive. It prepares you for college and there are so many clubs you can join. The school has around 3,000 students and because of the large population, you don't get enough one on one experience with teachers and administration. The teachers don't seem keen on teaching their students, and often, we have to teach ourselves. The social aspect of this school if great, with a wonderful student body who enjoys getting to know everyone, but academically, the school isn't at the top. Sometimes, when it comes to clubs, you realize that getting leadership is very difficult. Only seniors get leadership positions, so you can't show others that you do have the potential to do so much more with your club. The sports teams are amazing and our student section during games is always huge due to out amount of school spirit. Overall, I believe that the school is great from a social standpoint, but academically, they could do much better.