Green High School is a highly rated, public school located in Uniontown, OH. It has 1,228 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Green High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-262 Students
- B205 Students
- A+204 Students
- A-110 Students
- A-83 Students
- A74 Students
- B67 Students
- C+59 Students
- A+56 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Green High School
- B+Stow-Munroe Falls High School
- Stow-Munroe Falls City School District, OH
- 222 reviews
- A-Wadsworth High School
- Wadsworth City School District, OH
- 215 reviews
- ALake High School
- Lake Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 213 reviews
- AHoover High School
- North Canton City School District, OH
- 278 reviews
Green High School Reviews
Overall, there's room to be worse. So there's also plenty of room to be better. It lacks in diversity, it's academics fall behind unless you're in select advanced courses, and the students are relatively close minded. Sports are similar to cults and coaches are in it for profit. College readiness is very poor, plan on figuring everything out once you have graduated. Facilities are fine, biggest safety concern is those around you, and food is gross. If you're a student at GHS, good luck!
I enjoyed my time at Greenon High School for one reason, the people in it. The facilities at Greenon were beyond poor, with very little rooms having air conditioning, the ceilings falling apart, continuous leaks, and legitimate threat of asbestos all being strong signs to avoid the building at all costs. The thing that created such an amazing atmosphere for over 4 years was feeling you got when you walked in. You knew that you were in a place that cared about you and wanted the best out of you. It was that sense that even though the conditions were horrid, there were people that were there going through it with you, and you were not alone.
The social scene at Green High School is wonderful. I have never witnessed any bullying, hazing, harassment or peer pressure of any kind, and I know from experience that everybody is always there to help each other out. For the most part everybody seems to get along and support each other during hard times. People are very friendly and loving of each other no matter what their religious or sexual beliefs are. I have also never came across anyone being mean to anybody for their race or if they have disabilities. In fact, I am always so impressed to see students take time to interact with students with disabilities and spend time getting to know them. Overall, everybody is accepted by everyone at Green High School!