Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School is an above average, public school located in New Bedford, MA. It has 2,139 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus316 Students
- grade C+227 Students
- grade C+152 Students
- grade A134 Students
- grade A+97 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade B83 Students
- grade A+74 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B+57 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade D+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responses
- Spirit Week, Sport Events, Mr. Voc Tech36%
- Dances and Fundraisers13%
- Pep rallies7%
- Talent show4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
No data available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 58 responses
Schools like Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School
- grade BDiman Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Public School
- Fall River, MA
- Rating 4.09 out of 5 184 reviews
- grade BWareham Senior High School
- Wareham Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade B minusBristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School
- Public School
- Taunton, MA
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 180 reviews
- grade BB.M.C. Durfee High School
- Fall River Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 267 reviews
Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School Reviews
Rating 3.97 out of 5 326 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
In many aspects, Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical High School has taught me many leadership qualities and life skills. New Bedford Vocational High School has a large student body. Being surrounded by many different people during all times of the day, and being encouraged to socialize, my communication skills have drastically increased and flourished. Not only are students put into groups during the academic part of school, but are also placed into groups for our vocational trade shops. Many people, myself included, have made great connections and friends simply from being in the same shop as them. Shop is the main resource that has taught me most of my skills learned during the time being in GNBVT. My shop teachers often relay to my class that in order to stand out in a crowd of applicants, whatever the situation may be, you need to take initiative and put yourself out there. I personally have used my new found communication skills to aid myself in doing these things.
There are definitely changes that GNBVT should consider in order to improve their school. First, I do not think there should be an application process to be accepted into this school. This is because academic grades from middle school does not show work ethic. This specific school highlights certain career areas, so they should not select what students get accepted when those grades do not represent how they perform in a work environment. Also, I think this school needs to add diversity to their staff, and students. This will add a healthier environment for the students, and make those from different racial backgrounds feel more welcomed. Even though these changes will make the school better overall, I did enjoy my time there. They gave me opportunities that I would not be able to receive at other schools. I was able to learn a lot about myself, the career area I chose, and gain experiences that I will never forget.
During my three and a half years at Greater NewBedford regional Vocational technical high school I have loved every second of it from the vocational education I’m receiving in Early childhood education to the academic education. The teachers and staff at this school make there best efforts to accommodate all children and make sure they are receiving the help they need. Some things that need to change at my school are teachers and staff better handling bullying, harassment and even recognizing the sighns of distress.