Greater Lowell Technical High School is a public school located in Tyngsborough, MA. It has 2,159 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Greater Lowell Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+204 Students
- B-118 Students
- A81 Students
- C+74 Students
- B+71 Students
- C+67 Students
- A+65 Students
- B43 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Greater Lowell Technical High School
- B+Methuen High School
- Methuen Public Schools, MA
- 181 reviews
- BHaverhill High School
- Haverhill Public Schools, MA
- 203 reviews
- B+Lowell High School
- Lowell Public Schools, MA
- 291 reviews
- BMinuteman Regional High School
- Public School
- Lexington, MA
- 97 reviews
Greater Lowell Technical High School Reviews
If you put in the effort as a student, stay focused on your goals, and strive for greatness, you won't be disappointed with the results. There are dozens of clubs to partake in ranging from clubs that are all about community service, or ones focused on trips out into nature. The faculty is hardworking and puts effort into students in an attempt to make them as great as they could possibly be. The open-minded mentality of faculty makes the school an amazing harbor of creativity and diversity on all levels. Free buses and sports allow students to do whatever their heart desires without the price tag. If you want a fantastic vocational school where you can learn both academics and a trade, go to Greater Lowell Technical High School!
What I like about Gltech is that it's a school that gives you the opportunity to work hands on rather than always classwork. This school prepares you for the future by showing you different skills to learn ,and help advance your working techniques that not other schools do. Along with this, our school takes pride in sports as well. We offer many different activities for students to participate in. Club's are also offered , such as chess club, math club, and Skills . Skills is a competition realting to the shop you choose , and allows students to compete with other school involving your trade. It's also FREE! I love my school very much and I'm glad I had chosen this place to spend all 4 years in.
This school has provides many opportunities for the students to experience hands on rather than always focusing on academic. Although some of the school policy and the faculty are a little strict, they prepares students for the futures and their success. Students are able to make their decision in what trade they want to focus on. There’s always a teacher that would guide the student in making important decisions for their future. The teachers and students get along very well, which make the lesson more engaging and enjoyable for student to learns. There’s many extracurriculars activities such as dance, skills, drama and sports, to provide the opportunity for every students to be involve. There’s always a chance for students to participate in a community services to help out those in needs. GLTHS is greater place that allow students to learns both academic and a trade.