Greater Latrobe Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Latrobe, PA. It has 1,002 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Greater Latrobe Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+95 Students
- A95 Students
- A-58 Students
- B-54 Students
- B49 Students
- C43 Students
- B42 Students
- A+38 Students
- B31 Students
- B-29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Greater Latrobe Senior High School
- A-Penn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- 219 reviews
- B+Ligonier Valley High School
- Ligonier Valley School District, PA
- PK, K-12
- 129 reviews
- B+Hempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- 257 reviews
- BGreensburg-Salem High School
- Greensburg Salem School District, PA
- 200 reviews
Greater Latrobe Senior High School Reviews
As a graduate of Greater Latrobe, I can attest to the fact that I did go to a pretty good school, but not the best. The overall appearance of the school makes you feel like you go to a glamorous, sophisticated, yet fun High School. The new sports complex, Creative Commons area and wide variety of artwork that is spread throughout the school conveys this. This school WILL prep you for college. The class material is something a bit more difficult than other schools, but after starting college, I have noticed how much Greater Latrobe has taught me. I was tutoring students who were attending the same classes as me, whether it was Math, English, History, or Computer Technology when I got to college, and surprisingly to my college classmates, I did very poorly in high school. They will expect a lot from you and not all staff is nice and helpful.
Attending GLHS is like walking through an art museum every day with the hallways lined with precious works of art. The academics are challenging and the teachers are respectful of every student. They are truly interested in every aspect of a student's life, often helping with academics on their own time, providing the necessary support for all students. The administration is friendly and completely interested in offering a positive learning environment. EVERY student is valued.
Latrobe is a great school to attend with great faculty and teachers. Student life is very diverse and a wide variety of sports are offered. In addition, the school has an outstanding number of after school and extracurricular activities. There is nothing I would really change, it is an overall amazing school.