Greater Latrobe Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Latrobe, PA. It has 1,324 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Greater Latrobe Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+133 Students
- A131 Students
- A-81 Students
- B-75 Students
- B62 Students
- B-62 Students
- C-59 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-43 Students
- C+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Greater Latrobe Senior High School
- B+Penn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- 238 reviews
- BLigonier Valley High School
- Ligonier Valley School District, PA
- PK, K-12
- 133 reviews
- B+Hempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- 264 reviews
- BGreensburg-Salem High School
- Greensburg Salem School District, PA
- 206 reviews
Greater Latrobe Senior High School Reviews
During my time as a student at Greater Latrobe I have faced many challenges as any high school students do during this time of their life. While going through those hard times I always felt as if I could talk to someone due to the connections formed between students and teachers. They also provide students with a variety of opportunities. A different college or university comes in during lunch most days giving students the chance to look into them when they might not have had that opportunity elsewhere. Also once a year a career fair is held showcasing a variety of different job fields for students to potentially get into. Most of the clubs offered often give back to the community is various ways. For example, our Key Club holds a blood drive in our gym every spring which then gets donated to the local hospital. Another club, Letterman's Club, has multiple annual events around the high school each year like their annual trash cleanup outside the high school.
Going to school here, it is one of the best if not the best in Westmoreland County. The teachers really help you work hard and achieve personal goals. There are also many electives and you can definitely find something that interests you in all subjects, including Hospitality! Many different AP classes are also up for students like APUSH and APComputer Science for all different students to take.
Finishing my final years of high school at Greater Latrobe has prepared me for the academic challenges that lie ahead. With the guidance of teachers and staff, I have found and have been directed down my correct path. The dual enrollment programs offered here have given me a chance to excel in my desired practice. Although Greater Latrobe has multiple courses for the health and science fields, I would like to see more variety in the types of courses offered.