Great Plains Lutheran High School is an above average, private, Christian school located in Watertown, SD. It has 128 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. After graduation, 80% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+24 Students
- B+19 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-15 Students
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
- B12 Students
- B+9 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Great Plains Lutheran High School
Great Plains Lutheran High School Reviews
My time at GPL has been amazing so far. All the faculty and staff want to see their students succeed. They work hard to help us understand the learning material, and go out of their way to help and answer questions. GPL has also provided me and many other students with a firm foundation in our faith, which is the schools goal. One of the things I have enjoyed most at GPL is being involved in sports. Here the coaches push us to be the best we can while constantly encouraging, and teaching us many lessons. I am beyond thankful for my time here, and can't wait to start the next semester!
Great Plains Lutheran is an amazing Christian-based private school in Watertown, South Dakota. We have a large diversity of students who go to GPL, over half of the student body lives in the dorms because they are from different states and countries. Great Plains is a family, students know everyone because of the small environment and are brought together by our shared faith. We are given many opportunities at GPL including sports, clubs, music, and art. More than three-fourths of the school participate in one thing or more. I am blessed to be able to sing in celebration choir, run cross country and track, and play basketball. The teachers care and want to help every student and make learning fun in every aspect. The only thing I would want to change about GPL is adding more options for classes and adding to the facility to provide for our growing school. Overall I have had a great experience at GPL and look forward to what it will do for me in the future.
We use one word to describe Great Plains Lutheran, and that one word is family. As soon as you come here, you are welcomed by not only staff but also other students from all grades. Because of Great Plains, I received a great education to prepare me for college and many opportunities that I wouldn't have received anywhere else. I have been the drum major, in the spring play productions every year, musicals, five choirs including All State, two sports, and I was able to fly to Europe to perform flute and sing. We have students attending from all over the world and this makes me more educated in other countries and able to help the students coming in and show my love for Christ. Great Plains has a strong tie to St. Martin's grade school and during my study halls, I taught preschool, first grade, and also help challenged students. The staff truly cares about every student. Over all, this school is an amazing place to be. Not only for a fantastic education, but to become part of a family.