Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Great Bend High School is a public school located in Great Bend, KS. It has 863 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 19% in reading.
Great Bend High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+174 Students
- A-139 Students
- B137 Students
- B-114 Students
- A-106 Students
- B36 Students
- B30 Students
- A24 Students
- B19 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Great Bend High School Reviews
Great bend high school is an amazing place! They are a very safe school; they keep doors locked for safety. They offer many resources for you if you miss school and have to make up for classes, for example advisory and pep after school. They provide you with your very own chrome book! You get to keep it when you graduate, which is an awsome graduation gift. They always have a clean and friendly environment. They offer many college credit classes and also fee waivers to help students out. One of my favorite things they have are study sessions during school (advisory) and after school. It helps the students that have to work right after school.
Going to Great Bend High School had been a very big learning curve for me. I realized there what I was wanting to do with my life, and where I was wanting to go. Knowing most of the students who soon became friends through out the years really helped me remember that I have a support system so close to home.
I really enjoyed the small but big feel of GBHS. I liked that it wasn’t too huge but I also like how it was big enough to get to know many people. I loved the sports vibe and the fan base of it. I love my school, teachers, coaches! Forever a panther!