Grayslake North High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grayslake, IL. It has 1,481 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Grayslake North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+155 Students
- B-148 Students
- A+145 Students
- B+111 Students
- A+109 Students
- A96 Students
- A-90 Students
- A-88 Students
- B-77 Students
- A+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Grayslake North High School
- A+Grayslake Central High School
- Grayslake Community High School District No. 127, IL
- 378 reviews
- A+Lakes Community High School
- Community High School District No. 117, IL
- 373 reviews
- ACrystal Lake Central High School
- Community High School District No. 155, IL
- 219 reviews
- A+Warren Township High School
- Public School
- Gurnee, IL
- 852 reviews
Grayslake North High School Reviews
I had some of my best memories at Grayslake North HS. The education provided me with the tools I needed to be successful in college. The teachers are attentive to student's needs and I still keep in contact with many of them. I also built many lasting friendships. I was a part of organizations such as National Honor Society, Latinos Stand Up, and Best Buddies. I also was a part of the school softball team and played first base and pitcher. That team brought me strong friendships, discipline and drive. Grayslake North HS is where I wouldn't mind seeing children of my own attend!
I find that the counseling department is very good at helping guide and prepare you for college. The school clearly has your best interest in mind and is set on preparing you for college. The teaching is very depending simply on who you get. I have had amazing teachers that have taught me so much and made subjects I usually hate fun and interesting, but I have also had the opposite. Some teachers also prepare for college more than others, but the AP teachers are very good at preparing you for the exam.
Grayslake North High School is the perfect school for academics and activists/ sports. I have grown so much as a person because my school has a lot of resources that not only help you, but will continue to help you through your high school careers. Also I do not know one teacher who did not give his/her best effort to make sure that a struggling student will succeed. Many of my past teacher have gone above and beyond in that department!