Grayslake Central High School is a top rated, public school located in Grayslake, IL. It has 1,353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Grayslake Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+217 Students
- A+174 Students
- B+152 Students
- A-134 Students
- B+121 Students
- B-119 Students
- A117 Students
- A+113 Students
- A-107 Students
- A+102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
Schools like Grayslake Central High School
- AGrayslake North High School
- Grayslake Community High School District No. 127, IL
- 327 reviews
- A+Lakes Community High School
- Community High School District No. 117, IL
- 375 reviews
- A+Highland Park High School
- Township High School District No. 113, IL
- 246 reviews
- A+Warren Township High School
- Public School
- Gurnee, IL
- 871 reviews
Grayslake Central High School Reviews
I have loved my four years at Grayslake Central! I will be majoring in a science program and the classes I've taken at Central have really allowed me to grow as a student in the direction I wanted. But I was also given many different opportunities to try new things. For example, I would have never thought that I would enjoy chemistry, but it turned out to be one of my favorite courses. The teachers are all very supportive and really try to form a connection with each individual student to help them to the best of their abilities. There are also so many different clubs and after school activities available. There is a chess club, a debate club, art honors society, psychology club, and many more. Overall, I have been very happy with everything Central has done for me and how its allowed me to succeed.
GCHS is a wonderful school. Being surrounded by a lot of larger schools, we get tons of chances to play high level athletics. There are wonderful student programs, passionate and friendly teachers, and a fantastic community! The academics are superb and I cannot praise this school enough. Of course there are plenty of ways to improve, but the administration has always made me feel valued and welcome and it has made for a memorable and enjoyable four years. Go Rams!
I haven't even been there for two years, but I know that the staff, in general, really do care about the students and want to give them the best education possible. There are so many teachers that will do so much to help a student so that student can get good grades in that class. I felt like I had AT LEAST one teacher and one counselor that I could turn to. All of the staff members are supportive and MOST of them are there to actually teach and be great teachers. I didn't say ALL because I have met one teacher who is there even though he says that they are only there because it's a good job. I'm not going to lie, there are teachers who lose their cool too easily, but I'm not taking off stars even though I said negative things because there is so much positive things that happen at that school. There are so many nice people and teachers that you can go to if you need help. They even have TWO resource centers at this school! It is the best one by far.