Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Gray Collegiate Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in West Columbia, SC. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 41 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Gray Collegiate Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A81 Students
- A51 Students
- B+49 Students
- C+37 Students
- B36 Students
- B28 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-20 Students
- C20 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Gray Collegiate Academy Reviews
Gray Collegiate Academy is a smaller high school. I feel you get the attention you need in the classroom. Our teachers go out of their way to help! For a small 2-A school, our sports have a good success rate. As we grow, I hope we can get our own stadium with high-tech scoreboard. The administration is always present in the hallways and actually ask,"How your day is going?". I feel that is important for a school.
Gray Collegiate Academy has helped me in many different ways. One being that I am more than prepared for college. With the choices of dual enrollment classes they offer, I am going into college as a sophomore! The teachers are very helpful and the environment is great. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who is looking to get ahead in their education.
This is a great school for those who do not like sitting in a classroom for 8 hours. You can make your schedule the way you want, choosing either a morning or afternoon schedule. The teachers are outstanding and the student body is phenomenal. Not only is Gray a great academic school, but also a great sports school too. Athletes are help to high standards when it comes to their grades to give an equal balance between school and sports. Beginning second semester of sophomore year, you begin duel enrollment classes and junior and senior year most, if not all, of your classes are earning you college credit hours.