Graves County High School is an above average, public school located in Mayfield, KY. It has 1,281 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Graves County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+293 Students
- A-155 Students
- B-137 Students
- B-108 Students
- A-94 Students
- A+39 Students
- B37 Students
- B+31 Students
- C+30 Students
- B-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Graves County High School Reviews
Grant County High School is a great school for getting further ahead to be College and Career Ready. They have an outstanding Project Lead The Way program for getting students career ready in many programs including business, engineering, welding, auto-mechanics, and biomedical sciences. The Administration are well organized and very helpful with their students and offer great advice for furthering education. Out of all of the schools in the district, I highly recommend pursing Grant County as your High School.
Graves County High School is adequate in terms of educational standards. Some teachers are phenomenal, while some barely scrape by as mediocre. This causes the class experience to be a lot of "up and down" while the most emphasis is put on sports. Academic extracurriculars will never take precedence over sports due to what the school chooses to put first. I feel that administrative staff cares very little for the personal well-being of students, while non-counseling members of the teaching staff care more than actual counselors do. There is little diversity in this small-town American high school.
Graves County High School is an ultimately average school with some teachers seeming distinctly more qualified than others. College is a topic I wish could be more stressed in this school but not by merely saying "College is important" but by going in depth, reviewing scholarship websites, working to make ILP surveys something that students feel they can really use to identify themselves and who they may become.