Grass Lake High School is a public school located in Grass Lake, MI. It has 370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Grass Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- A50 Students
- B-46 Students
- B+45 Students
- B+38 Students
- C-36 Students
- B34 Students
- B29 Students
- B14 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Grass Lake High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Grass Lake High School
- BColumbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- 87 reviews
- B-Onsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- 88 reviews
- BManchester High School
- Manchester Community Schools, MI
- 52 reviews
- BWestern High School
- Western School District, MI
- 310 reviews
Grass Lake High School Reviews
Grass Lake High School is a safe environment that promotes learning and growth! Grass Lake Schools offers numerous programs that help students to constantly develop in their educational career. This school has helpful teachers and faculty that have the student's best interests at the forefront of their minds.
Grass Lake High School is a relatively small school. There are both pros and cons to this. Some of the benefits include more one-on-one time between teachers and students. There is plenty of time for teachers to help students and there are more opportunities to form meaningful bonds with them. Connections between faculty and students seem stronger and more personalized here. Everyone seems to know everyone else's name. It creates a welcoming and familiar atmosphere that makes the learning environment feel comforting and safe. Some of the cons of Grass Lake High School's size include the lack of overall opportunities for students. There are very few clubs and other extracurriculars, besides sports. Additionally, there is not a wide variety in available classes. However, one could seek these classes online or in colleges through dual enrollment. I hope to see this change in the future as my school grows.
Grass Lake is definitely one of the top schools in Jackson County. It is safe, well kept, and deeply embedded in the community. There are multiple opportunities for involvement in athletics, arts, and community groups. Of course, there can still be improvement in school spirit and student unity.