Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Grass Lake High School is a public school located in Grass Lake, MI. It has 361 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Grass Lake High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A58 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-50 Students
- B+47 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-41 Students
- C-41 Students
- B33 Students
- B+17 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Grass Lake High School
- B-Columbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- 97 reviews
- C-Onsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- 98 reviews
- B-Manchester High School
- Manchester Community Schools, MI
- 54 reviews
- BWestern High School
- Western School District, MI
- 314 reviews
Grass Lake High School Reviews
Grass Lake High School has a new building that makes for a comfortable learning environment. Being such a small school, they don't offer enough classes to cover the graduation requirements. This means that students are required to take either online high school classes or dual enroll through Jackson College. The counselor provides little to no help and oftentimes does not know if some students are even eligible for graduation. The library is incredibly well-kept and comfortable, but the group of students usually hanging out in there makes it a difficult place to get work done. There aren't many quiet places to do work during the school day.
Grass Lake High School is a safe environment that promotes learning and growth! Grass Lake Schools offers numerous programs that help students to constantly develop in their educational career. This school has helpful teachers and faculty that have the student's best interests at the forefront of their minds.
The curriculum was limited in ways. There was not a lot of ways that students could branch out into classes that they liked. Though there were online classes and the community career center there was not a lot of knowledge given to the students about it. I did like how it was a very small school and that everyone knew each other. There also was not a lot of ways that the school prepared us students for college. We did have one class that taught us a little about it but other than that there was not anything else, we kind of had to figure it out on our own. The teachers were pick and choose because it was such a small school almost everyone had the same teacher at some point in their high school experience. One thing that I wished Grass Lake High School had was more clubs and activities of the sort. They tried to get some going during my senior year but before that, there was hardly anything.