Granville High School is a top rated, public school located in Granville, OH. It has 859 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Granville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+196 Students
- A-136 Students
- A-129 Students
- A122 Students
- B55 Students
- B+45 Students
- A39 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Granville High School
- A+New Albany High School
- New Albany-Plain Local School District, OH
- 272 reviews
- APickerington High School North
- Pickerington Local School District, OH
- 336 reviews
- C+Licking Valley High School
- Licking Valley Local School District, OH
- 102 reviews
- B-Watkins Memorial High School
- Southwest Licking Local School District, OH
- 192 reviews
Granville High School Reviews
Granville High School offers a rigorous academic program with amazing teachers. Students that attend Granville High School are well prepared for college. The school offers a wide variety of extra curricular activities and any student can find a place to fit in. Granville offers many sports for students interested in athletics. The theatre department puts on three shows every year and any student can be involved. The music department is amazing. Communication is excellent between the faculty, parents and students. It is easy to find help when needed. I feel that Granville High School has given me a great start and prepared me for the future.
The people there are all very kind, caring, and hard-working, and the environment is extremely safe and secure. Students have many resources that are available to them if they ever need it. The teachers make learning fun and easy, and also help prepare us for the future. There are a variety of sports, clubs, and activities available to everyone and fundraisers to help support them too. The music and art programs there are also very well supported by the community. There are many courses that are designed to get our brains thinking and help us improve. The lunch the school serves offers options for all students, and there is also a Nutri-bar if you ever want a small snack in between classes. However, there is almost no diversity as it is a majority white student population.
My experience at this school was pretty good, and there were a few classes I can say I genuinely enjoyed. I had a few teachers that really knew what they were doing, and I was the beneficiary of their good teaching. I can also say I had my fair share of teachers that were hard to deal with in class and didn't make any effort to reach out to struggling students. Of course there are some teachers that weren't the greatest but I learned a great deal while struggling through some of those classes. We have a great music program which I enjoyed pretty thoroughly, and I even quite football to join the marching band. I have a few very good teachers this year that are helping me figure out how to apply and pay for me to go to college. I can say pretty surely that I wouldn't have wanted to spend my high school career anywhere else.