Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B246 Students
- A140 Students
- C+126 Students
- B+113 Students
- A+84 Students
- C70 Students
- B+70 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Grant Union High School Reviews
Review Grant Union High School
Throughout high school my academics have been encouraged continuously. My school takes high initiative in providing opportunities for it's low income community's students to strive for and achieve success. If it wasn't for my school's amazing faculty and Advanced Placement curriculum, I would not have became the academically competent and strong individual I am today. The school itself, although it has a bad reputation for being ghetto, is one of the best schools a person developing into adulthood can attend.
UC Davis is definitely a great school. It's location has good neighborhoods and has a really good vibe and environment. I can tell many people care for their city. This school is filled with open minded and friendly people. The education system is also great. There's always help when you need it. I think the reason why I wouldn't rate it the best is because of my personal likings. I knew about Davis and been around there since I was a little girl. I didn't live in Davis but I had family who attended Davis before I did. So I guess I wanted new experiences and sights which would bring me to much more excitement. Other than that, Davis is awesome! Go Ags!
Grant Union high school is an amazing and awesome high school. I love their academies that they have there. I am in their Criminal Justices Academy and I had have a lot of help to be prepare for college. Not just Criminal Justice academy that help but their Advance placement classes and the inspiring teachers. They get you ready for college and the teachers share their experiences with us, so we are able to achieve what we would like to do.