Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Grant High School is a public school located in Dry Prong, LA. It has 636 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B93 Students
- B64 Students
- B-59 Students
- A-59 Students
- A-53 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Grant High School
Grant High School Reviews
I really appreciated the Advdanced Placement classes! They really pushed me and prepared me for college. The teachers were tough, but it was worth it.
Grant was hit or miss with the teachers. Some were really great and some were there to check a box so they can coach a sport. Many classes, anything goes. The academics were not challenging to say the least. Teachers were worried about personal scores than growing their students. There are other alternatives that are much better suited, such as homeschooling.
Grant high is over all an average school. For the most part they care about the students but when it comes to success for us it’s rare. I’m a senior this year and i’ve been put on the back burner when it comes to being updated on important college information that the counselors receive. Things that I would change about the school would be the amount of staff we have compared to the number of students. Each year we seem to have teaches leaving and none being hired so instead we have fill in subs often.