Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Granite City High School is a public school located in Granite City, IL. It has 1,821 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Granite City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B226 Students
- C+125 Students
- A72 Students
- B57 Students
- A+54 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+42 Students
- B40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Granite City High School
- BCollinsville High School
- Collinsville Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 282 reviews
- CRoxana Senior High School
- Roxana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 121 reviews
- C-Roosevelt High School
- St. Louis City School District, MO
- 41 reviews
- C-McCluer High School
- Ferguson-Florissant R-II School District, MO
- 176 reviews
Granite City High School Reviews
I have only been going to Granite City High School for two years, but technically four. Granite City High School has a program called “The Running Start Program.” I am in this program. This program lets you go to SWIC a two year college while you’re still in high school, so when I graduate in a few months I will graduate high school with an associates degree. While I was at the high school I was treated great. The teachers always helped me and were always nice. They all encouraged me to do better and to never give up. There are several clubs, so there are many ways you can get to know other students and become active with the school. There are some fights, but the school does their best to try to resolve all of the problems. They are always thinking about different ways to make sure we are safe. Our security is going up and the school is improving. I am glad that I have had the chance to be a Granite City Warrior!
Granite City High School offers a wide variety of programs. Students wishing to pursue a college degree are prepared to compete at the university or community college level. Students wishing to pursue a career immediately after high school are prepared for opportunities in welding, electricity, machine tool, building trades, computer science, business, and automotive. Granite City High School prepares individuals for their chosen endeavors.
There is plenty of opportunities to get involved at GCHS. If you are not sure what you want to be when you grow up, there is many different activities you can try out to see what you like including: robotics, welding/machine shop, automotive, art, Spanish and many more. The hallways are a bit cramped because we are considered a bigger school, but all of the doors stay locked with security so you feel super safe. All of the teachers care about you a lot as well and just want to see you succeed.