Grand Rapids Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Grand Rapids, MN. It has 1,093 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Grand Rapids Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+92 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+66 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+55 Students
- B+41 Students
- B32 Students
- B29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Grand Rapids Senior High School
- NGGrand Rapids Area Learning Center
- Grand Rapids Public School District, MN
- C+Greenway Senior High School
- Greenway Public School District, MN
- 34 reviews
- BDeer River Secondary School
- Deer River Public School District, MN
- 11 reviews
- C+Northern Lights Community School
- Public School
- Warba, MN
- 1 review
Grand Rapids Senior High School Reviews
Overall all of my teachers were extremely fair and kind. I learned a lot in my IB classes and I feel that I am prepared for college and my future. The lack of diversity is upsetting but I believe that is due to our location in Minnesota. I think there could be a broader spectrum of activities and clubs. I've been satisfied with the ones I have been involved in and I think the leaders are perfect for their roles and make them fun! My experience has been memorable and I thoroughly enjoyed attending Grand Rapids Senior High School.
We're homeschoolers but have found the coaches, counselors and admin staff friendly and proficient. Don't like the high taxes for new schools.
My experience with Grand Rapids High School while it was a short one was very educational. When it came to there education and sports they were doing an amazing job. Although I feel that some of the teachers there were there for a paycheck rather than there for us students. While diversity is a problem it is simply because of our location in Minnesota, and I hope that one day Grand Rapids becomes a diverse town.