Grand Junction High School Reviews

I loved this school. I mean it is like your average run of the mill public Highschool. I put in four years here and I can’t any help but feel sentimental. I’ve been in tons fondles clubs and now that I’m on my way to put its hard to let them go even if they already let me go.
There are a lot of amazing teachers who make the school community welcoming and encourage the students to be their best.
Like any school Grand Junction high schools has it's pros and cons. Overall I enjoyed coming to school and being apart of my team. The teachers cared about me and our principle wants to make a difference.
Start Your Review of Grand Junction High School
I have been at Grand Junction High School all 4 years of my high school experience. Throughout these years I have had my ups and my downs just like any other teenager. What made my downs worse though was the lack of quality teachers and caring providers there were at GJHS. Rarely did I feel like any administration cared enough to check in on me. Also the school itself is very run down, causing mice in the school, mold infestations, pipe leaks, clogs, and many other problems. Not to mention almost all of our sports teams are awful, maybe due to the lack of commitment from the athletic director and coaches. At GJHS you truly see the importance of money because that it all the adults there want. Overall my experience could've been a lot worse, but it also could've been a lot better, and I am hoping college is able to fulfill my hopes of public education.
The teachers are great. We get to chose what classes we take. Administration is helpful and kind. Even with the losses in the school and community, the school still comes together as one. The counselors are not always the most helpful and it can take several weeks to get in to talk to them. The school district pays and provides for high achieving students to take college classes.
I have been enrolled in Grand Junction High School for 4 years now and I can say that teachers and staff genuinely care about their students. Teachers are especially dedicated when it comes to helping students succeed. There is also great, challenging classes available for students who want to earn college credits. Some of these classes are courses from Colorado Mesa University taught by Grand Junction High School teachers. However, we get the opportunity to take them for free. As for sports, clubs, music/theater ect. there is something for everyone. There is a great selection of exrtacurricular activities. If I could change something about Grand Junction High School it would to have more emotional support for those who are suffering mental illnesses.
Overall, I am quite pleased with Grand junction High School. I have two students there currently, one a senior and one a Freshman. I am pleased with our current counselors, administration, and most teachers.
Grand Junction is very diverse. The diversity doesn’t cause a problem, yet drugs and alcohol is a large issue. Not necessarily just at parties, kids bring things to school and take them for themselves or share with others. There are many very good teachers at the school, some quilified to teach college courses.
Grand Junction High lacked resources for college preparation and the mental health of the student body was poor. New administration has made changes that isolate the freshmen from the rest of the students and teachers are uneducated to help the students who are struggling to succeed. Student council has been effective in raising school spirit after a year of tragedy but the school still lacks mental health resources.
Grand Junction High School was built in 1956 and has had many additions since the first building. GJHS is like many high schools with its numerous clubs and sports. The high school is known for having national champion debate teams and one of the largest high school marching bands in the State of Colorado.
The building is outdated and there is not enough support for the sports programs. However, I have made great friends and learned a lot.
While I was there, I had a good time in my classes. I especially enjoyed eating outside in the grass-the school had a lot of open spaces which was nice. Although the administration was not up to par, the teachers made the school the amazing place it is. There were these terrifyingly creepy tunnels from the Cold War era that run from various places under the school to the mortuary next door. Pleasant, right? Also, in the spot light booth above the auditorium, there's a series of eerie rooms you have to walk through in order to get there. One of the times I went through there I found a dead bird mauled in corner (and there was no way it could have flown through a series of six closed doors into an an upstairs room with no windows) which confirmed my beliefs that the school is haunted. So overall, my experience with the school is pretty average.
Grand Junction High School Tigers was our school of choice, legacy and history of excellence. Unfortunately, we experienced a lot of administration turmoil and teacher turnover that effected our student negatively during her 4 years.
Highschool is hard not recommended.do homework and you shall pass. It is a safe environment.and i doubt ill get 1000 dollars off this survey
Grand Junction high school was a great school for academics, but when it comes to personal connection with the students they are lacking severely. In the 2016/2017 school year alone there has been 4 suicides of students, and yet there is minimle open communication available to the students. To improve relationships between students and faculty, they should replace advisory that happens every Monday with a time for counselors to come in and personally connect with the students, allowing the students to have the opportunity to connect with a trusted adult.
I appreciate the leniency the school provides. Students do not feel like the teachers and faculty are breathing down their neck. The various AP courses offered can fit any student. What I would change is the lack of funding. Our campus is extremely outdated and impacts the learning.
It was fun I learned a lot through wrestling and from my teachers. Wrestling mainly helped because if you didn't keep your grades up you couldn't compete. I was on the varsity team all four years so competing in varsity events was important to me. I think it made me work harder honestly not only in the wrestling room but the classroom to. Wrestling has always been a big part of my life and I'm excited to see what opportunities it opens up for me.
Start Your Review of Grand Junction High School
Grand Junction High School is overall a pretty good school. Our AP Program is absolutely incredible, our other programs get the job done. Our science department needs a lot of help. The Adminstration and Counseling departments could use a complete overhaul and they seem completely detached from teachers and students in every way. Almost all of the teachers are easy to get along with, and our clubs are all pretty popular, even the ones who don't win tournaments or anything right that, it seems like everyone enjoys the clubs they are in. I'd rank it 5 stars if it weren't for those few pitfalls, but overall it's a great school.
I like the teachers, they are very helpful. I'd like to see the high school suicide rate decrease! The band program is through the roof, you can make so many friends, the band teacher is understanding of students problems and is willing to help.
Teachers were usually skilled and knowledgeable, with a few exceptions. Students were not inclusive and very hostile, excluding the music students. They were extremely welcoming and amazing kids.