Grand Island Senior High School is a public school located in Grand Island, NE. It has 2,558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Grand Island Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-310 Students
- B+197 Students
- B186 Students
- C+115 Students
- B+78 Students
- A-74 Students
- B-68 Students
- B46 Students
- C+44 Students
- NG43 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Grand Island Senior High School
- B+Wood River Rural High School
- Wood River Rural Schools, NE
- 44 reviews
- B-Northwest High School
- Northwest Public Schools, NE
- 117 reviews
- B-Doniphan-Trumbull Secondary School
- Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools, NE
- 23 reviews
- B-Centura Secondary School
- Centura Public Schools, NE
- 19 reviews
Grand Island Senior High School Reviews
The teachers were passionate about their students and enjoyed the subjects they taught. You can tell everyone there understood the value of their hard work. The school had multiple clubs for a diverse range of things so that anyone could find somewhere to fit in. The school worked really hard to fix any issues that arouse and learned from the issues/errors. The school was a big, but also offered room for many with 2 full size gyms and even a 3rd smaller gym. I was grateful to get my education from this high school. They worked hard to provide a good learning atmosphere.
I liked the diversity and how big it is and how many different opportunities I have, but there are still many problems. There is a bug infestation, and there are too many students to even fit into the school in the first place. I think implementing the academies and block scheduling helped, but some teachers still don’t abide by the rules and aren’t too nice. My counselor was supposed to help me find scholarships and other opportunities for senior year- she has done nothing for me. I think though many people love the fine arts, we don’t get enough funding, unlike other schools in town.
My experience at Grand Island Senior High was one of the best experiences of my life. I grew so much as a person and had a great time doing so! The teachers here are very understanding and very down to earth with everything that they do. They love to be able to go out of there way and help you with any problems that you may have. The students here are such amazing people who can help you when you need it most.