Grady High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+236 Students
- B+205 Students
- A-95 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+81 Students
- B+71 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+67 Students
- B-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.51 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Grady High School Reviews
Review Grady High School
Grady Hish School is already in an amazing, culturally inspiring area of Midtown Atlanta that cultivates the society that it is surrounded by. During my time spent here, Grady offered me and my class many opportunities to grow, experience, and mandate our dreams into our future. Grady is an inspiration, and local site to the community and will continue to inspire many of the students that are in attendance. Every school has it's own atmosphere, but Grady has it's own world entirely built off of the eccentric community it is surrounded by offering wonderous learning opportunities all the while being in one of the most interesting places in the United States, Atlanta, Georgia.
Though many teachers and authoritative figures aren't particularly supportive towards students, there are enough staff that genuinely care about the student population and make the school much more bearable. The culture that has emerged from Grady is truly phenomenal and there's enough support of the non-traditional approach that many students have. Grady is a very "artsy" school and emphasizes students being able to showcase their thoughts and emotions, but not every teacher honors this idea. Honestly, I wouldn't want to attend any other school because Grady has a lot of passion and spirit behind everything we do.
My time at Grady High was okay. My favorite aspect of Grady was how they did a good job of preparing you for high school. The College and Career Center is very helpful in aiding students with the various aspects of the college application process, and the counselors were helpful in making sure you are meeting your high school requirements and informing you of the different options you have. Also, the honors and AP classes were taught by knowledgeable teachers, for the most part. There also a lot of different successful clubs here. The administration was awful, while the food and school culture were meh.