Governor Livingston High School is a highly rated, public school located in Berkeley Heights, NJ. It has 1,053 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Governor Livingston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A109 Students
- A-69 Students
- A58 Students
- B49 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+43 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Governor Livingston High School
- A+Westfield Senior High School
- Westfield Public School District, NJ
- 239 reviews
- A+New Providence High School
- New Providence School District, NJ
- 82 reviews
- A+Watchung Hills Regional High School
- Public School
- Warren, NJ
- 316 reviews
- AWest Essex High School
- West Essex Regional School District, NJ
- 216 reviews
Governor Livingston High School Reviews
Governor Livingston High School is an excellent school of high academic involvement, diverse forms of clubs and sports to participate in, and offers a positive environment for learning and developing skills. The teachers at Governor Livingston are easily accessible, and always willing to provide extra help. I rate my experience at GL "excellent"!
Governor Livingston HS has been an excellent experience for my children. It offers an extensive range of extracurricular activities and it’s teachers and academic curriculum are world class. It’s college preparation offering has been amazing, as well. My daughter is feeling confident as she applies to colleges because of the resources that the school has provided, from college fairs to instruction for SAT/ACT and application process. It’s a top ranked NJ high school.
Overall, my experience at Governor Livingston High School was great! I was offered a challenging work course that enabled me to prepare myself for college. Almost all of my teachers were always available for extra help, whether it was before, during or after school. I never felt unsafe while being at school and the administration was extremely nice and helpful. The cafeteria always offers a variety of food that allows anyone to feel comfortable eating. The sports teams are not that great, except for baseball. Regardless, students still show support at sporting events.