Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Goshen High School is an above average, public school located in Goshen, OH. It has 829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Goshen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus166 Students
- grade B minus119 Students
- grade A minus104 Students
- grade A+91 Students
- grade A minus80 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade B+53 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade B34 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Homecoming parade32%
- Football games21%
- Basketball games5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,269 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 21 responses
Schools like Goshen High School
- grade B+Reading Community High School
- Reading Community City School District, OH
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade B+Little Miami High School
- Little Miami Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 148 reviews
- grade C+Batavia High School
- Batavia Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 67 reviews
- grade BNorwood High School
- Norwood City School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 71 reviews
Goshen High School Reviews
Rating 3.89 out of 5 129 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The Goshen local school district is an exceptional district! With an amazing community surrounding, Goshen schools succeeds yearly. Every teacher in the school district puts in a full effort to help Goshen be the best it can possibly be. Goshen high school is not like an average high school: it is a welcoming place for all to learn and enjoy their high school years. I have absolutely no complaints with Goshen schools, as they have given me multitudes of opportunities and pushed every Goshen student to grow and work hard in life. This district is not just four schools; it is a community and a family.
Most of the teachers were great and very helpful. The school itself is starting to be too small for the amount of students however. The school is also not very clean. I think I got a good education there. Most other students were lazy and unmotivated, and did not care about their education. In the township of Goshen, Ohio, many people are poor, addicted to drugs, and only have a diploma and no trade experience. I think the school is helping to change that, but they are not doing enough. As a student, many of my friends were very poor. Many of them had at least one family member addicted to drugs and some had absent mothers or fathers. I think GHS could do better with community outreach and helping those who do not have good role models as school is all these kids have. Overall, a decent school, but could be so much more.
Goshen is a tight-knit community-oriented school with inventive and unique ways of building students up and preparing for their potential careers. Their shift towards mental health promotion district-wide is a plus that I was incredibly happy to hear. However, they don't do much for report of bullying amongst students.