Goshen High School is an above average, public school located in Goshen, IN. It has 1,866 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Goshen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- B+178 Students
- B+177 Students
- A+135 Students
- C+130 Students
- B-79 Students
- B73 Students
- A-68 Students
- B-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 99 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Goshen High School
- B-Concord Community High School
- Concord Community Schools, IN
- 239 reviews
- C+West Noble High School
- West Noble School Corporation, IN
- 81 reviews
- BElkhart Central High School
- Elkhart Community Schools, IN
- 200 reviews
- APenn High School
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation, IN
- 749 reviews
Goshen High School Reviews
Goshen High School is a great school in a town that has seen its fair share of troubles. Most other schools in out area discount our school because half our students live under the poverty line and struggle with learning. Dispite this, GHS is a place where students from all different backgrounds can come and receive education that is quality and equal to their peers. What I have enjoyed most about my school is how much the teachers actually care about their students as a person and not just as a grade. This is not to say that GHS does not have flaws. My school does not get much funding and when it does, it feels like they do not put it towards the departments that actually need it the most. I'd like to see them change this and prioritize departments with out dated materials and technology.
The teachers are very caring and outreaching; they put their students first. There is a wide range of extracurricular activities to get involved in, and the music department is awesome! There is a wide range of academic choices as well (IB, AP, and dual-credit courses are offered).
I love the atmosphere. All staff was always so kind! They truly cared about the safety of their students and success of them. They made sure you were going in the right direction of where you wanted to head in life. The teachers were always available to talk when ever needed. One thing I think they could change is making marching band and color guard a sport. It is definitely a hard thing to do and it takes as much energy as football!