Goshen High School is an above average, public school located in Goshen, IN. It has 1,952 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Goshen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A249 Students
- B+220 Students
- B+208 Students
- A+160 Students
- C+157 Students
- B89 Students
- B-87 Students
- A-83 Students
- B-72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Goshen High School
- B-Concord Community High School
- Concord Community Schools, IN
- 260 reviews
- B-West Noble High School
- West Noble School Corporation, IN
- 88 reviews
- B-Elkhart Central High School
- Elkhart Community Schools, IN
- 220 reviews
- APenn High School
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corporation, IN
- 811 reviews
Goshen High School Reviews
This is my last year at Goshen High School. I have had days I really enjoy the school and days that I didn't. I think that is pretty normal. Overall, I love the athletics that are offered at GHS. Not only can you be involved in the competitive sports, but there are also opportunities to be involved in the inner murals. This allowed me to be able to be involved in basketball competitively for a couple years and when I was ready to bow out I was still able to play with friends and against others. I also like the ability to take higher classes and get a feel for what I want to do with the rest of my life. They offer many classes that are not offered at similar high schools. Things I did not love had to do with politics that would play into different aspects of learning and sports. Unfortunately, many of the music areas of the school tried to be in competition with the athletics. This may be normal thing in high school, but it is sad. We should all support each other!
I did not have a good experience at Goshen High School. I was a student very involved in athletics as well as clubs and academics. The biggest disappointment is how the athletic department limits the fun and prevents student involvement. They do a terrible job trying to get students to come to athletic events and if the students come the athletic director watches students every move and bosses students around. In addition, the administrators do not care about you. They never are friendly to students and focus on disciplining the troubled students instead of making actual connections. A huge flaw is the limited amount of AP classes they offer. Goshen is an IB school, and IB seems like a big scam to me. All of my IB classes that I paid for do not even transfer to the college I am going to. I took these advanced classes and took an expensive test for no reason. I really regret taking IB classes at all if I would have known how they literally do not help me in my future at all.
Goshen Schools has a good set up and has a wide range of students and classes you can take. However, the certain classes that you can take aren't set up so they will be easily transferred for college. For example, Goshen High School chooses to use International Baccalaureate classes for their college classes instead of Dual Credit or AP classes. Most colleges don't even recognize these IB classes which makes it really hard for excelling students to get ahead in their upper level education. I think if they were to change this and make a lot of their upper level classes dual credit instead, the student satisfaction and my satisfaction with the school would be higher.