grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Goshen Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Goshen, NY. It has 961 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Goshen Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus78 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade A+54 Students
- grade C+54 Students
- grade A54 Students
- grade B+54 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade B+51 Students
- grade A minus50 Students
- grade B47 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responses
- Spirit week27%
- Drama Club productions14%
- Fall sports13%
- Music Performances11%
- Basketball Games4%
- Spring Sports- in particular Lacrosse4%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$22,059 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 35 responses
Schools like Goshen Central High School
- grade AWarwick Valley High School
- Warwick Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 332 reviews
- grade A minusWashingtonville Senior High School
- Washingtonville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 466 reviews
- grade ACornwall Central High School
- Cornwall Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 278 reviews
- grade B+Minisink Valley High School
- Minisink Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 177 reviews
Goshen Central High School Reviews
Rating 3.48 out of 5 146 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
First of all, the arts, music, and athletic programs are very good. Most of the teachers were amazing too! The sports went to states or regionals in almost everything. The hot food isnt amazing, but they have a very good salad and sandwich bar. There is always fundraisers going on and the students are very involved. Economically, it is pretty diverse, not so much racially. It is a very safe school, theres is guards, student supervisors, and routine searches. We are getting a new stadium, softball fields, S.T.E.A.M lab and four new class rooms.
I would say my experience at Goshen High School was pretty average. Goshen as a whole really is a great community and the overall feel of the school is very close knit and true to that small town environment. The majority of teachers want to see you succeed and most students are accepting and kind. The school also recently had major renovations with a beautiful stadium being added which has definitely helped to boost school spirit and attendance at sporting events. Some aspects of the school such as administration and guidance were not always the most helpful. That being said, I do believe the experience I had there was much better than many other students have at other schools. It was a very safe environment and I feel like I was well prepared for college.
I loved my experience at Goshen High School. With playing sports and making great relationships with the teachers and students, my experience at this high school was fun and enjoyable.