Gorham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gorham, ME. It has 839 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Gorham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+139 Students
- C+90 Students
- B82 Students
- A-59 Students
- A+53 Students
- B-52 Students
- A+47 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Gorham High School
- B-Gray-New Gloucester High School
- Regional School Unit No. 15 (MSAD 15), ME
- 75 reviews
- B+South Portland High School
- South Portland Public Schools, ME
- 138 reviews
- AGreely High School
- Regional School Unit No. 51 (MSAD 51), ME
- 143 reviews
- AScarborough High School
- Scarborough Public Schools, ME
- 171 reviews
Gorham High School Reviews
Gorham is a decent school. It lacks diversity, but not commitment to learning. I have multiple strong relationships with teachers, whom have enhanced my high school learning experience greatly. The school is very safe and EVERYONE must be buzzed in by the office to enter the school. The facilities, fields, and classrooms are nice, but soon to be outdated. The food is good, and there are many options for students other than traditional classes. At GHS we offer JMG(Jobs for Maine Graduates), Volk, PATHS, and bridges. The student and parent resources at Gorham are very helpful. Guidance deos a great job coordinating college and schedule plans with students. Overall Gorham does a great job delivering a meaningful education and preparing students with the tools they need to advance into the real world.
During my four years at Gorham high school I would say that I had an okay experience in terms of academics, and relations with teachers. There are a select few teachers that I believe and I know many of my peers agree are the teachers that genuinely care about the success of their students and they will sit down and work with them to get them on the path they need to be on. However I would say thats only about 8% of our staff. The others I felt did not care or make much of an effort to help us students with doing more than just the bare minimum to get into college. Some of our facilities were a bit run down and over crowded. I would say that aside from having an athletic director that does not treat all teams and genders the same, we have had a good amount of success in our school athletic programs and other clubs and organizations.
Gorham High School allows its students to grow and explore the world around them in a safe and encouraging learning environment. They offer the appropriate resources and their faculty is generous and hard working. The school system must also navigate a difficult budget that limits our possibilities, so the quality of education shows the ability and commitment that the administration and faculty have for education.