Gordonsville High School is an above average, public school located in Gordonsville, TN. It has 450 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Gordonsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+67 Students
- B44 Students
- A-36 Students
- C+33 Students
- C+23 Students
- A+22 Students
- B17 Students
- C17 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Gordonsville High School
Gordonsville High School Reviews
Gordonsville High school is located in Smith County with a population of 18,000. Due to this, Gordonsville gave me the opportunity to get to know everyone on a fairly good level considering the school itself was not too big. One factor that is a pro, as well as a con, would be the class opportunities. Since the school is on a smaller level, the electives a student has to choose from are very limited. However, this gives one the opportunity to focus on the fundamental core classes that are mandatory for graduation. First moving here, the environment was welcoming and I immediately knew my place when I first arrived and while this school is very limited, one also knows what to expect. If you are looking for basic sports as well as a focus on your future academic career, this is the school for you.
I have went to Gordonsville High School for all 4 years now, and attended the elementary school since fourth grade. Gordonsville is a very small school with roughly around three hundred in the whole school. I do enjoy having smaller classes with more help from all the teachers. As you can have one teacher for more than one class and a coach too if you are playing sports. Seeing everybody in the halls and knowing everybody's name in your school can be fun. As we are a smaller school which I do enjoy there are many things I wish I could do to improve the school experience at Gordonsville High School. The academics are improving at the school as Freshman and sophomores are now offered honor courses at the school instead of only having one option. For the past years to now I have not been offered any type of honors classes to help my schooling. I wish I had been to have more credits, and to help with college too.
I had a very unforgettable experience while attending Gordonsville High School. It was a small school, but everyone knew one another and that is what I enjoyed the most. I made life-long friends and unforgettable memories. The only thing that I would change about Gordonsville High School, would be the courses offered. This school needs a wide variety of honor classes.