Goode STEM Academy High School is a public school located in Chicago, IL. It has 861 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Goode STEM Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-177 Students
- B140 Students
- A-127 Students
- B+98 Students
- B-90 Students
- A-89 Students
- A+80 Students
- B+80 Students
- B74 Students
- B72 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Goode STEM Academy High School Reviews
I LOVED SEG (Sarah E. Goode Academy High School)! I graduated in 2017. My class was the 2nd class to enter and exit. I was taught how to manage my time. Respect. They prepared me for college and life. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't know how I would've managed college now. They have so many programs including having IBM come talk to us and also being able to graduate with our Associates Degree as well as a high school diploma. Very good school!
Overall, my experience with Goode STEM Academy High School was very good. There was diversity and everyone got along well. The relationship with teachers and student are strong. They help the students to be ready for the real world and college. The counselors have helped many students who are struggling with their work or their personal problems. They have also helped with seniors who are struggling to get into a good college. The school lunch is something that should be improved but it was fine eating it. The school work is fairly average. It wasn't difficult nor it was easy to complete.
There are many benefits to Sarah E Goode STEM because you start taking dual enrollment and graduate with an associate degree while still graduating with your high school diploma. Another benefit to our school is our early graduation program that allows high school seniors to graduate early once they meet certain requirements such as having a 90% or higher attendance, taking all the mandatory classes that are needed for the state.