Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Goode STEM Academy High School is a public school located in Chicago, IL. It has 917 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 11% in reading.
Goode STEM Academy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+227 Students
- B-178 Students
- A-172 Students
- B134 Students
- A-123 Students
- C+104 Students
- B101 Students
- B97 Students
- B-96 Students
- A+95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Goode STEM Academy High School Reviews
I would rate my high school Goode STEM Academy an “A”. I would rate it an “A” because overall they offer amazing opportunities to their students such as dual enrollment earning college credits in high school and also getting the opportunity to graduate with an associates degree as well with partnered city colleges. My school offers a variety of clubs such as swimming, debate, robotics, chess and many more. They create an amazing environment for students to be themselves. Also, they offer amazing networking opportunities and internship opportunities. Overall, this school sets their students up to be successful early on. I am proud to have had the opportunity to spend my 4 years of high school at Goode STEM. I met amazing people and made amazing memories. I am truly grateful to have had opportunities and I am able to I am graduating with 15+ college credits already knocked off for college .
Good school. Teachers really try to communicate with their students in and outside of the classroom. Early college program is great for helping students be prepared for college!
I LOVED SEG (Sarah E. Goode Academy High School)! I graduated in 2017. My class was the 2nd class to enter and exit. I was taught how to manage my time. Respect. They prepared me for college and life. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't know how I would've managed college now. They have so many programs including having IBM come talk to us and also being able to graduate with our Associates Degree as well as a high school diploma. Very good school!