Gompers Preparatory Academy Reviews

Gompers is very loving but they don't really teach and the students don't learn what is necessary to learn. I would like to see more learning happening and actual college readiness.
The thing that I like about Gompers Preparatory Academy is that you can be open, be yourself because everyone has their differences as do I. You don't have to hide, everyone knows you they greet you as you walk in. They just make your day better every time you see them. It's just a wonderful school to be a part of.
What I love about this school is the safety and how the school care about us and send all of us to college
Review Gompers Preparatory Academy
It's a good school overall. What I would like to see change is the academics. The students take a lot of pride when wearing their uniforms. The students are always filled with so much enthusiasm and joy it makes this school a fun, but serious school as well
Gompers Preparatory Academy is the best school their is. Theirs always something going on here, weather it's an event or just a mini performance at lunch. You always have a smile on your face, screaming "JOY" The director of the school is pretty great. In most school you don't even get to have a great connection with your director or even know who he/she is. This is school is almost a second home, because theirs always a reason you have to stay after school and get something done. Its also a great safe space to be yourself and don't feel judge. This school also has amazing teachers and they really don't let you fail because at this school "Failure is not an option"
Full of joy. I never get denied to be given the support I need in order to understand school or life. My wonderful Director Riveroll is like the father figure I never had.
Gompers Preparatory Academy is like no other school. GPA has gone through so much and has grown into a beautiful, successful school. From a school where less than 50% of students graduated, now 100% of students are graduating. There is no other school that plays music and dances as students are lining up for school every Friday morning. I have attended Gompers Preparatory Academy ever since the 7th grade and I have loved every year. My school loves to spread joy by using music and dance. As a senior, we perform a lot. Just recently we had a Disney themed show with dancing and singing and acting. Also, our culture is amazing. We go by the acronym REACH. REACH stands for respect, enthusiasm, achievement, citizenship and hard-work. REACH is was drives students to be the best they can be. Gompers Preparatory Academy is unique in many ways. There is no other school like Gompers Preparatory Academy.
I have been a student here at Gompers Preparatory Academy since seventh grade. Coming to this school is like no other. Every year the students who get into college increase.
What I really like about Gompers Preparatory Academy is the fact that they help their students get into the college of their choice. The way the teachers and students treat each other is such a welcoming school. The culture of this school makes their students grow as a person. The students follow a system called the R.E.A.C.H. values. They stand for respect, enthusiasm, achievement, citizenship, and hard work. The thing I don't I don't like is the way the teachers treat us sometimes we're babied and sometimes we're told about how the world is outside our school. I don't like the fact that this sticks to the A through G requirements so they ended up removing art class.
My experience at Gompers has been great. What I like is that the teachers and students are very friendly. What I would like to see change is to have more diversity.
GPA is truly an amazing school, it really prepares you for college, i like that there is a lot of support from teachers and they are always there trying to help and help you succeed.
My experience at Gompers Preparatory Academy has changed my academics and has succeeded me in preparing myself for college. Personally, my favorite of an aspect of Gompers Preparatory Academy is that teacher's and staff are filled with JOY! Every Friday teachers and staff would perform dance's for the students and students would join as well. Usually, schools do not have Instagram, but the Director of the school known as Director Riveroll has created an Instagram and it describe on how our school looks and what events has been happening around. To me personally, I have seen a lot of changes the past 2 months while I am in college, but most of the thing that I would like to see changes in is the level of academics on how the teachers teach.
Some parent are very involed with the school in general.
I had teachers help me when I need help and they are also willing to stay after school to help out. They constanly remind you do your work as well as stay focues in class.
There aren't many clubs or organizations to join. The most popular club I would say is Key Club because there are always a lot of students who love to join and give back to our community. We also have student made clubs like: Anime Club and Gaming Club which are less known but are still just as fun!
My favorite experiences at this school was watching everyone dance every morning, during lunch, and even after school. Seeing the joy that Director Riveroll brings into everyone's lives is truly inspiring. What makes this school unique is how much every staff member cares about the students at GPA and how Director incorporates the arts into our education and teaches us not only academically but teaches us life lessons as well. If I could do it all over again I would still choose to attend GPA because I would not be attending a four year university this fall if it weren't for GPA.
I've attended this school since 6th grade and it's honestly the best school in Southeast San Diego. 100% of the students that attend GPA graduate high school and most of them go to college. If I didn't attend this school I don't think I would have the opportunity to attend the University of California-Riverside in the Fall. Director Riveroll has the best taste in knowing who tto hire. I cannot think of one teacher that didn't care about their students. All the staff here at GPA truly want you to succeed in life and I think that's the change we needed in our community.
Review Gompers Preparatory Academy
The teachers at this school are very nice and helpful. No student is left behind. They prepare you for college.
We've all been there. This school does what it can.
Most are made by the students, for the students. They inspire the younger kids and it's a beautiful thing to see.