Since 2009, Goethe International Charter School (GICS) has been offering a unique learning program with an international focus. GICS is a tuition-free independent charter school that provides a rigorous curriculum for all students that challenges the mind and nourishes the heart. Named after scientist and philosopher Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (pronounced “Gurta”) GICS is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School and includes dual language German immersion and Language Acquisition (Spanish and German) programs which underscore our global perspective. Goethe International Charter School has earned recognition as a California Distinguished School in 2014, a Gold Ribbon School in 2016, a Green Ribbon School in 2017 and has also earned full accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Our approach to learning is based on Inquiry and encourages critical thinking for all students. Come for a visit and consider joining our community!
Goethe International Charter School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
GICS is an IB World School!
The International Baccalaureate (IB) program is central to GICS. IB is a worldwide association of schools that develop a specific written, taught and assessed curriculum. IB is based on the acquisition of relevant knowledge and skills, the development of conceptual understanding, the formation of personal, positive attitudes and the capacity for students to take responsible actions.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Goethe International Charter School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Goethe International Charter School Reviews
My only complaint would be the campus. BUT don’t let that deter you. Every other element makes up for it in spades...