Goessel High School is an above average, public school located in Goessel, KS. It has 154 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Goessel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A17 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
- B+6 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-4 Students
- A4 Students
- B3 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Goessel High School
- A-Hesston High School
- Hesston Unified School District, KS
- 105 reviews
- B-Canton-Galva Jr/Sr High School
- Canton-Galva Unified School District, KS
- 21 reviews
- BMoundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 48 reviews
- C+Peabody-Burns Junior/Senior High School
- Peabody-Burns Unified School District, KS
- 2 reviews
Goessel High School Reviews
I like how many opportunities there are here at goessel. Before I moved to goessel in 8th grade, I never played any sports, but since moving to Goessel, I have been involved in a number of sports year round. There is also an availability of clubs for everyone that I find incredibly usful, as I enjoy singing and acting as well. I hope this helped!
At Goessel High School, I had a very enriching time in the extracurricular activities. The coaches have always encouraged me to work hard, overcome difficulties, and form a strong bond with my team. I know that this is going to benefit me in the future. The academics, however, are not very challenging. In fact, there are only two teachers who have really challenged me in the whole school. There are teachers who will let the students converse for half the class without intervening. By talking with students from other schools, I have come to realize that I am extremely deficient in some academic areas, not because I have a learning disability, but because I've never been taught some things or have been taught them in an efficient way. I must brag on the music department, however. Goessel's music program is extraordinary. The teachers are passionate and really get the students to put their hearts into their music.
I enjoyed Goessel a lot. It is a small school and yet it does not feel like it. The teachers do a tremendous job of getting the best out of their students as well as preparing them for the college experience. If I were to change one thing, it would be to allow more college classes to be taken. This way students could really focus on their career path as soon as they enter college. Overall, I love Goessel and I am very proud to call it my hometown.