Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Godwin Heights Senior High School is a public school located in Grand Rapids, MI. It has 667 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 5% in reading.
Godwin Heights Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+227 Students
- B-200 Students
- C+179 Students
- A164 Students
- B+149 Students
- A+124 Students
- B98 Students
- C+94 Students
- A-64 Students
- B+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Godwin Heights Senior High School
- B-Wyoming High School
- Wyoming Public Schools, MI
- 109 reviews
- C+Kelloggsville High School
- Online School
- Kelloggsville Public Schools, MI
- 76 reviews
- CLee High School
- Godfrey-Lee Public Schools, MI
- 181 reviews
- BComstock Park High School
- Comstock Park Public Schools, MI
- 59 reviews
Godwin Heights Senior High School Reviews
My former High school Godwin Heights had a pretty good sense of community and faculty involvement in the student's lives. There were many challenges and struggles of students finding the right guidance or role models to help them make better decisions and even applying themselves to do great in school. They don't give up when things get difficult and that is what I appreciated most. When it came to school sports we were the city powerhouse with our basketball program winning conference basketball championships all four years in a row. From my freshman year until I graduated we've been champs. We had great high school pep rallies which allowed our entire school to come together and all have a great time. Participating in class mock-rock which is a themed play that each class creates and performs for the school. whichever class that the audience chose to have had the best performance wins. Though, my school had its challenges I am still proud to be alumni of Godwin Heights High School.
Godwin Heights Senior High School is an amazing facility. I’ve been attending Godwin since head start all the way to my senior year. I really appreciate how much all of the teachers do for us. They motivate us to be the best that we can be. They are one of the greatest influencing group in my life. I also take into consideration how many extra curricular activities Godwin provides for us. Being involved in school really helps students achieve greater things. I’m in involved in choir and cross country at the moment. One my sports season ends, I really hope to join the theatre group. One thing I would like to see Godwin change is to put themselves on an AP grading scale. Having an AP scale would allow students earn higher GPAs in a fair way.
I have been here for my whole High School life and honestly, I love that this school is very diverse and has teachers that truly respect and care for their students. It was wonderful. My school was kind and very accepting of everyone's individuality. We embraced differences. The experiences I had there helped to shape who I am today as a person, and I have grown a lot because of everything I have been through within those years. I made some lifelong friends and had the privilege of knowing some amazing teachers. There are a few teachers in particular who I will always remember because they inspired me so much. What I do not like about my school is that sometimes it is not so strict and hard on students and that they don't offer much courses to prepare students for college. Overall I have had a long trip and I appreciate all those who have supported me throughout the journey.