Glynn Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Brunswick, GA. It has 1,904 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Glynn Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+340 Students
- B+257 Students
- C194 Students
- B157 Students
- B153 Students
- C+143 Students
- B+117 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+96 Students
- A73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Glynn Academy Reviews
Glynn academy is filled with tremendous history. Did you know it is the second oldest school in Georgia? Dating back to 1788, my school was established not even a year after the constitution was ratified! I have truly fallen in love with Glynn academy, the open campus and multiple builds have created an almost college like campus with beautiful aging oaks towering over the grounds. Another huge positive is the competitiveness and opportunities you have here that encourage you to strive to do better. There are more AP classes available then you could possible take during your 4 years at the school. The only downside I could think of is due to the age of the school the classrooms are beginning to breakdown. Thankfully several of the buildings are being renovated and in the near future all of them will be restored to their formal glory.
I can see an big improvement with Glynn Academy since I graduated there in the 90's. They have remodeled some of the buildings and are currently replacing the science building. They have made it a lot safer as well by installing a fence. There is a strong campus police presence. My daughter has had some really amazing teachers while at GA. They offer all kids of opportunities from AP classes to online classes, dual enrollment , honors classes and regular classes. Tons of extracurriculars activities including the arts, sports teams and clubs.
Glynn Academy really tries to accommodate to all students needs even though there is a lot of diversity. Teachers are always there to listen and help you no matter if it tutoring or you just need to talk. They do not just care about sports like other schools but they support the arts and music and acknowledge when the drama, band, or choir goes to competitions. Test scores are one of the most important things. They have many events that they hold to inform students and parents about different college opportunities and scholarships.