Glenwood Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Glenwood Springs, CO. It has 896 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Glenwood Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A96 Students
- A75 Students
- B-66 Students
- C+51 Students
- A49 Students
- A-42 Students
- B38 Students
- B35 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+25 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyC+
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Glenwood Springs High School Reviews
I instantly felt like I belonged in the school when I came in my freshman year. The freshman orientation is very helpful, and the school is organized in a way that makes classes very easy to find. People are very welcoming in general. We used to have great school lunches, but they were expensive as they were made by professional cooks. Now we have a federal lunch program that is very affordable, but just as gross as most school lunches are. Like many schools, we do not recieve enough funding, but the community is often willing to donate to make up for any shortcomings in the financial department.
Being at Glenwood Springs High School for 3 years now, I believe that the overall atmosphere within the school is very exclusive. The teachers mostly focus on and encourage the best students to push themselves further, and the administration doesn't truly show they care about their student. Our school is very exclusive within the many different stereotypical groups as the basketball girls endlessly swarm in the lobby, and the popular guys chill outside in the parking lot. While I have my own group within this school, this school has never truly made me feel like I'm fitting in, or am truly included. I believe that the factors that has impacted my high school experience the most are my teachers and friends. They always show full support, and always believe in me when I cannot myself. They allow me to stay motivated and be an active and participating student.
Overall the academics are great, I'd say this is the best high school in the local valley area. There are quite a few school events that are great including sporting events, the musical, talent show and more. There are also many clubs for everyone to participate in. Teachers are very willing to help students on their free time and are willing to work around school events causing absences such as DECA or sports. GSHS has a great counseling staff to help with problems at school or home, problems with schedules, and preparing for college. I've learned a lot at Glenwood Springs High School and I'd recommend it to anyone.