Glenwood Springs High School is a highly rated, public school located in Glenwood Springs, CO. It has 896 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Glenwood Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A103 Students
- A-86 Students
- B-74 Students
- A58 Students
- C56 Students
- A-48 Students
- B39 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Glenwood Springs High School Reviews
Glenwood is an incredible school because they provide countless opportunities to all of their students in regards to education, sports, clubs, music, art, etc. The teachers are constantly on the look out for students that may be struggling in terms of their classes, social life and home life. The school offers a wide selection of classes and has an outstanding AP program. I had an amazing experience during my time at GSHS and I would recommend their educational system to anyone, because that school welcomed me and became my family from the moment I walked in as a freshman and to the moment I walked across the stage at graduation.
I instantly felt like I belonged in the school when I came in my freshman year. The freshman orientation is very helpful, and the school is organized in a way that makes classes very easy to find. People are very welcoming in general. We used to have great school lunches, but they were expensive as they were made by professional cooks. Now we have a federal lunch program that is very affordable, but just as gross as most school lunches are. Like many schools, we do not recieve enough funding, but the community is often willing to donate to make up for any shortcomings in the financial department.
My experience at GSHS was fairly positive. I liked how the teachers were always ready and available to help the students. The culture and climate of the school was very good. All races got along fine, which made it for a safe school. Our SRO was on campus a lot and hung out with students in order to get to know each and every one of them. He was also very diligent with the complaints that came his way. Our counseling office was very helpful whenever we needed them. Our class sizes are pretty big, so lowering the class sizes would be pretty helpful.