Glenwood Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Glenwood, IA. It has 611 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Glenwood Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A87 Students
- A62 Students
- C+55 Students
- B47 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
- B+27 Students
- A-22 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Glenwood Senior High School
- BConestoga Junior/Senior High School
- Conestoga Public Schools, NE
- 42 reviews
- A-Bellevue West High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- 276 reviews
- BLewis Central Senior High School
- Lewis Central Community School District, IA
- 200 reviews
- A-Treynor Middle/High School
- Treynor Community School District, IA
- 108 reviews
Glenwood Senior High School Reviews
Glenwood Senior High School is a nice high school to attend. Everyone is nice and knows each other since there are only around 500 kids. The school sports are extremely competitive, but the school is mostly known for basketball. My freshman, sophomore, and junior year were the best years, although considering this is my senior year, they changed the grading scale to a more difficult scale, of which most aren't happy about. Overall, this school is great and would definetly reccomend it to those considering.
I had so much fun as a student at Greenwood High School! What really helped me was to stay involved and active. I was a cheerleader my first year and going to the games and being part of that culture helped motivate me to have good attendance and to stay involved. My counselor was always available to speak with me and help keep me on my path to attend college and with the motivation to continue school after graduation.
The high school was built only a few years ago (maybe 6). I love the activities at Glenwood High School; there are so many ways to get involved. Homecoming is huge here, and it is always a huge celebration. Our basketball was the state champion this year. I believe more money should be invested in the arts. Our band has had to separate into two because our band room is not large enough (it is a fire hazard). I also think the academics could step up. I have seen a few instances of bullying in my three years here, but nothing extreme. I believe it happens more often at other schools.