Glenwood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Chatham, IL. It has 1,382 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Glenwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+111 Students
- B104 Students
- A+98 Students
- B89 Students
- A-64 Students
- B-63 Students
- A-56 Students
- B+52 Students
- A+41 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Glenwood High School
- A-Rochester High School
- Rochester Community Unit School District No. 3-A, IL
- 75 reviews
- B-Riverton High School
- Riverton Community Unit School District No. 14, IL
- 65 reviews
- B-Pawnee Junior/Senior High School
- Pawnee Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 8 reviews
- B+New Berlin High School
- New Berlin Community Unit School District No. 16, IL
- 69 reviews
Glenwood High School Reviews
Glenwood High School offers the best educational environment to students of Chatham, Illinois. The school provides curriculum that fits any student, classes are classified as standard, college prep, honors, dual credit, and advanced placement. The staff at Glenwood also works personally with the students to inspire work ethic, leadership, and extracurricular passions. Just as outstanding as the academics, the extracurricular opportunities at Glenwood surpass average high schools. Twenty-two varsity sports have prepared athletes to compete at the collegiant level and inspired school spirit through the many athletic functions. The fine arts departments provide strong programs in competitive choirs and bands that have lead musically inclined students to work in Branson, Missouri and for Disney. The building and its sports facilities are brand new and compare to that of colleges. Glenwood strives for students to feel comfortable, and has become a great example of school safety.
Glenwood High School creates an average learning environment for students. Glenwood has great facilities and is constantly working to modernize and get the latest technology. In recent years, Glenwood High School has faced a few safety scares. Threats of violence were often written on walls, forcing Glenwood into evacuations and even a five-hour lockdown. Despite these times of confusion and chaos, Glenwood staff had the student body's safety as their first priority, checking every bag, locker, and body in the building thoroughly. Many of the teachers here genuinely care about the students and what they are teaching, although there is the occasional bad apple who is biased and clearly does not care for their job. Overall, Glenwood is a fairly nice school who does it's very best to not only keep their students safe, but well-rounded in education.
I have learned a great deal about academics, social skills and life in general at Glenwood! I have gotten a great education, I've learned how to deal with people in certain situations, and I have been touched by so many wonderful teachers. I really do support Glenwood as an institution, as I've had a great three years there and I can't wait for my senior year to be just as good.