Glenwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-61 Students
- B61 Students
- B+60 Students
- A+52 Students
- B39 Students
- A-33 Students
- A-28 Students
- B+27 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Glenwood High School Reviews
Review Glenwood High School
I believe attending Glenwood High School prepared me for college level course work. I practiced time management and dedication at Glenwood and because of this high school, I was able to succeed in all of my classes. Glenwood created the foundation of my education and I will always be able to use the skills I learned at Glenwood High School to be successful in my future. I have yet to miss an assignment or class in college and I believe it is because of the passionate staff at Glenwood. I am truly glad I was privileged to attend Glenwood for four years.
Glenwood High School is the district's students' last step on their journey to graduation and a life beyond their schooling. It sits in the heart of central Illinois, residing in Chatham, just south of the state capital, Springfield. As a student about to graduate, Glenwood has a very tough academic rigor, but one that is needed to be a competitive member of modern society. I would say Glenwood has successfully prepared me for a prosperous future.
Glenwood High School is a fairly new facility and so the building is in good condition, however, the technology is awful! It is very intermittent when it works and too often teachers or the college coordinator can't even use the equipment without it giving problems. I know there is a tutoring program (or mentoring) for kids who need extra help. Many parents are very involved. It is a large student body meaning there are many parents who participate in one way or another. My child never used the bus, so no comment as there is no reference by which to comment. Glenwood strongly promotes their academics as college preparatory through all the honors, AP and dual credit classes they offer. They also have a Job Shadow program they participate in and the chance for senior students to attend morning classes at the high school and afternoon classes at the local community college.