Glenwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+80 Students
- B73 Students
- B-66 Students
- A+64 Students
- B47 Students
- A-45 Students
- B37 Students
- A-35 Students
- A31 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Glenwood High School
- ARochester High School
- Rochester Community Unit School District No. 3-A, IL
- 65 reviews
- B-Riverton High School
- Riverton Community Unit School District No. 14, IL
- 59 reviews
- B+Pawnee Junior/Senior High School
- Pawnee Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 8 reviews
- B-New Berlin High School
- New Berlin Community Unit School District No. 16, IL
- 66 reviews
Glenwood High School Reviews
Review Glenwood High School
Honestly, it's an okay school, but a lot needs to change. Mostly it's the teachers and the administration; they all seem uninterested in doing good jobs in their fields (my guess why would be because of the awful pay I've heard they get). Almost all the teachers are completely over this whole "teaching" thing. I have had the pleasure of having the "good" teachers; they teach us so that they don't put everyone to sleep. The admin. is another issue entirely; I'll be going into my senior year this year and oh boy has high school been a wild ride. From nearly all the students abusing drugs, to gun/bomb threats, the admin. doesn't seem to know how to properly handle it all. So they barely do anything. Now I could go on about what's wrong with my school, but I've learned things and haven't dropped out so I suppose whatever they're doing is working to some extent (at least they're educating me is what I'm saying, my mental health is beyond screwed because of that place). Thx. But no thx.
Glenwood is big enough to have everything you need but small town enough that you never feel lost. There are always groups and activities you can find as well as diverse classes you commonly do not get in a small school. Like Astro Physics and Astronomy!
I believe attending Glenwood High School prepared me for college level course work. I practiced time management and dedication at Glenwood and because of this high school, I was able to succeed in all of my classes. Glenwood created the foundation of my education and I will always be able to use the skills I learned at Glenwood High School to be successful in my future. I have yet to miss an assignment or class in college and I believe it is because of the passionate staff at Glenwood. I am truly glad I was privileged to attend Glenwood for four years.