Glenoak High School is an above average, public school located in Canton, OH. It has 2,068 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Glenoak High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-225 Students
- A+218 Students
- B209 Students
- A-151 Students
- A110 Students
- C+94 Students
- A-87 Students
- B72 Students
- B71 Students
- B-65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Glenoak High School
- B-Marlington High School
- Marlington Local School District, OH
- 74 reviews
- BPerry High School
- Perry Local School District (Massillon), OH
- 119 reviews
- B-Washington High School
- Massillon City School District, OH
- 121 reviews
- B+Tallmadge High School
- Tallmadge City School District, OH
- 118 reviews
Glenoak High School Reviews
GlenOak is a very diverse high school, especially for North Canton/Canton area. Neighboring schools do not compare to GlenOak's experience. Students who attend here have so many opportunities that they otherwise would not have. I was personally a member of the fine arts program they offered and loved every minute of it. It was with that program that I made some of my best friends and memories. GlenOak is always fun-filled throughout the school year, with many different events for everyone to attend! I was apart of almost 10 shows our school put on for the community, no where else compares!
After spending four years at GlenOak high school, I must say I am very satisfied with my education and experiences there. All-around it was a fantastic school to go to with many opportunities for all types of people. GlenOak is a very new school built in 2009 so it is still quite new compared to other schools. The education that I got there was very good, and now that I am in college I feel that I was very prepared for these classes. GlenOak offers an array of CCP classes that help students gain college credit before even going to college. Also, GlenOak is known for having an extensive amount of arts programs that are some of the best in the area. The sports programs are known for being usually pretty good, if you go to GlenOak you can expect to see state-qualifying sports every year. I would be more than willing in the future to send my kids to GlenOak for a high quality education and to prepare them for life after high school.
Glenoak is a great school there are many activities and ways for students to get involved. All the teachers are so dedicated to teaching students and caring for students. There are also many programs that may school don’t have such as sign language, French, STEM, AP classes, IB classes, nursing, college prep and so much more. With the diversity of the school, the education and teachers it makes this school great. However fights are out of control while they have gotten immensely better there should not be as many fights as there are. Although as long as you stay out of trouble then there’s no chance you’ll get into a fight. Again this is likely at all schools and Glenoak is overall a great school.