Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Glenn High School is an above average, public school located in Leander, TX. It has 1,587 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Glenn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+107 Students
- grade A+88 Students
- grade B+87 Students
- grade A54 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade C+36 Students
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade A+30 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Recognizing importance of academics40%
- Pep rallies20%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,496 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Glenn High School Reviews
Rating 4.13 out of 5 48 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I'm a freshman at Glenn High School and it's a great school to be at because they have a wide variety of sports and extracurricular clubs and activities that make school so much fun. I joined FCA and every other Friday it's a lot of fun to go and meet new people and learn about Christ. I play basketball and soccer so the only thing that I wish I could change is how much the 2 sports overlap. I have to miss 7 soccer games because we have basketball games on the same day. But overall, my experience has been amazing and I'm excited to spend 3 more years here!
I love the fact that my school offered the ability for their students to take dual credit and/or AP courses, this helps to get a leg up on the other students once you get out of high school. The actual campus itself is at first a bit difficult to understand the layout of, but it is a very aesthetically pleasing school. There are plenty of programs offered there in order to make sure that each and every student in the school is able to succeed, including a community-chest of assorted school supplies such as pencils, paper, binder, and nearly any bit of supplies you can think of. The teachers are wonderful there and treat each student like they were their own child, and they do whatever they can to make their students achieve their goals. One of the notable things about the school is the whiteboard walls that can be moved in order to have two classes work together. Overall, Glenn is a great place with lots of great people in it.
Glenn has some of the most incredible teachers for classes, but they always started off with a horrible one. Freshman year my Journalism teacher lied on her resume and taught us wrong the whole year, she did nothing but feed us lies and then next year she was replaced by someone who had no journalism qualifications. However that teacher became the favorite of everyone in that class. She was up front and honest, its because of that teacher I give the rating a 4. Glenn has the worst organization and planning I have ever seen and they are god awful at informing anyone about anything. They constantly neglected anything other than sports, even cut the funds for the Newspaper class for a second gym and some ugly school decor we didn't need. And lastly, for such an expensive school you'd think that when we had started out as a class of two grades they planned ahead for when the school would grow in population, this wasn't the case. We practically walked on top of each other. Go Grizzlies.