Glenn High School is an above average, public school located in Leander, TX. It has 665 students in grades 9-10 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Glenn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+39 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-16 Students
- A15 Students
- A-12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Glenn High School Reviews
Tom Glenn HS is a new multi-million dollar technology-based school of innovation. I began attending the first year it opened in 2016. Glenn defines itself as being a campus of Innovation+Collaboration+Problem Solving. Having so much to offer, you would think this would be the best high school in the nation. Yet, the administration spends more time disciplining than encouraging student innovation. Vaping in the restrooms and in classrooms is at an all-time high.Students are constantly being arrested for poor choices.I appreciate the teachers that have taken the time to help me over the years, but exceptional teachers usually leave after their first year. The turnover rate is over 50% for faculty members. Statistics like these, you can see that personal success is determined by student commitment and individual grit. It's a shame that a multi-million dollar educational facility doesn't develop million dollar students.
GHS was a diverse High School that was very passionate about community and culture. Mr Lomeli emphasizes the importance of the grizzly culture (Grit +3), and having an open environment. The glass classrooms are unsafe in emergency's. There are some exceptional teachers in the staff, but the required execution in the class lacks. Students enter college unprepared for work load, vigor and lack much of the knowledge needed for College Courses. Many teachers develop a professional friendship with their students, to where one on one personalized learning was achieved. Glenns teachers are exceptional, but the administration was inconsistent in the enforcement of policy. Drug, alcohol, and bullying rules were enforced, but sexual assault and cheating policy were rarely addressed or prosecuted. Thus rating GHS 2.5 out of 5; the teachers are helpful if you take time to succeed in their classes, but administration concerned themselves with the image of the School rather than the students.
Amazing culture and teachers. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Could make friends with anyone. Lots of teachers were by far better than other schools. People actually cared. Resources were great and opportunity was bountiful. Food was pretty good overall. Not too much different than other schools. Academics pretty good as well. Admin could use some work. Teachers could use some more support. After it first opened there were some bumps in the road, admin was too strict on teachers, but it leveled out some over time. But still, teachers need some wiggle room to be themselves. Good intentions and want to help all sorts of people. Has high amount of people who go to Leo, but students were either really good or really bad, and they usually were dealt with quickly. Wished there were more options for languages.